clutch

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

Doug Lidster --> Stanley Cup lol

Cam Neeley errrr

Jovanovski - Coyotes, career high 51 points w/ the Yotes.

Cooke - traded to Washington ends up helping them to the playoffs Ovechkin. Traded to the Pens to play with a bona fide Stanley Cup contender and Sidney Crosby.

..... anyway, try not to take a joke so freaking seriously.

One that stands out is Martin Gelinas.

AlMo's career had nice twists after he left here......

I don't think your watching the same guy as the rest of us. The Alex Burrows I know fights quite often, and even gave Dan Carcillo quite the beating last year. He was also the only player in the league with 30+ points and 150+ penalty minutes. He's the best pest in the league, he works hard, he gets the other team off their game, and he can pot the odd goal. There's nothing not to like about him. Anytime one of your checkers can drive Vinny Lecalvelier so crazy he drops the gloves and takes himself out of the game, you want to keep that guy in your lineup.

that lecalvelier fight was priceless

Why do people want to get rid of character players ? Burrows has worked his tail off to get to where he is. Everyday he shows up to play 100%, guys like that you don't get rid of.

Some people have no idea what it takes to make a great hockey team. Guys who work as hard as Burrows has are the ones you keep.

Burrows may never be an all-star. But he does the little things well. Sticks up for teammates, kills penalties, forechecks, hits and creates general havoc. And gets the odd point here or there. He may not be a 1st liner, but its role-players like him that win championships.

Edited by 1915is2Luongo

Yes we do. Works hard every night, stands up for team mates. And loves playing here.

Burrows is going to get a huge raise once his contract is up. Is it up after this season? If it is, Gillis might want to work on that extension.

Burrows may never be an all-star. But he does the little things well. Sticks up for teammates, kills penalties, forechecks, hits and creates general havoc. And gets the odd point here or there. He may not be a 1st liner, but its role-players like him that win championships.

Not to mention he gets players like Phaneuf to take get pissed of and take him out from behind and get a penalty. Not only giving us a penalty, but also sending their best penalty killer to the box...

You can't pay enough for the kind of heart that Burrows brings to each and every game.

You're crazy.

Glad you're not in the coaching/hockey business.

The OP fails in such a way that would be impossible to describe.

...and is probably the biggest douche to ever post on CDC

I hope he's watching the game tonight and realizing how much of a moron he is.

again OP should just shut his mouth and never talk about hockey again

as we all know he knows nothing about hockey

w00t burrows 2nd goal of the night, doing it for LB!

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

He scored 2 goals tonight you fool. <_<

After the recent events, it is clear that the OP was actually trying to announce his homosexuality