The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

By the way...is -147 reputation points a record for a OP? ;)

LMAO - even if it had been a record the bar has been raised (lowered) to 162!

Clutch hasn't posted on CDC since mid December. I bet he is taking a little extra time to get the wording just right in his upcoming 'Trade Ehrhoff' thread.

The sad thing is, as stupid as this thread looks now, there are plenty of people on CDC who would still like to see Samuelson play with the Sedins. Not to mention the ridiculous "let's get Kovalchuk" threads...

That's because Burrows is good enough he'd be scoring from any line he'd be on. He plays a simple game, and it works. It's just that much sweeter he's working with the Wonder Twins.

I think people under estimate how much Burrows does for the twins too. Its no longer just the "twins" I see out there that has amazing chemistry, Burrows is right up there with them. He definitely doesn't have the skills like they do one on one or those little saucer passes that the Sedins can do but if we are talking about the chemistry between the twins, burrows has definitely tapped into it.

Think about all the wingers the Sedins had before, none of them have ever had more assist than goals playing on the Sedin but burrows on the other hand, he isn't just popping in the easy goals, hes feeding the twins too. 17 assist on the season so far. Is it really a coincident that the twins are having the best year in their career playing with burrows or did they just find a perfect fit? I am not saying the twins are super stars, in my mind, with out burrows, they are PPG, with Burrows they are much more than that.

Regardless of how some people may respond to my post, I am damn glad that we have burrows to play with the twins...the revolving door that was the "Sedin wingers" were disappointing at best.

• Upvote 2