The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

hahahhahha.....wow do you look like a complete frackin retard right now!

Someone should keep doing this, every time someone makes one of these threads, that players scores and makes the OP look like a buffoon, I found us a strategy for the rest of the season

Edited by aerodynamicanuck

nice new bandwagoners all over burrows because he's performing a lot now. he's always been fracking clutch except for 06-07

game 5 vs anaheim: the canucks float around calling it quits and burrows scores the game tying goal to send it into overtime. you know the rest. he kept the canucks in it.

2nd last game of the season, last season: oilers up 2-0, sedins and naslund floating as usual. who steps it up and almost gives the canucks at chance? burrows.

clutch and blood brothers are clearly idiots and im surprised at how many idiotic canucks fans there are. maybe they're junior shane doans?

Edited by Saman96

nice new bandwagoners all over burrows because he's performing a lot now. he's always been fracking clutch except for 06-07

game 5 vs anaheim: the canucks float around calling it quits and burrows scores the game tying goal to send it into overtime. you know the rest. he kept the canucks in it.

2nd last game of the season, last season: oilers up 2-0, sedins and naslund floating as usual. who steps it up and almost gives the canucks at chance? burrows.

clutch and blood brothers are clearly idiots and im surprised at how many idiotic canucks fans there are. maybe they're junior shane doans?

You care clearly and idiot.

Wow, I feel like I took a trip back to the 06-07 season with this topic.

Thats when Burrows brought nearly nothing to the team. Nowadays, he's almost carrying the team's offence. Last year, him and Kesler were the only ones doing much of anything to help the team offensively at the end of the year.

I already replied to this post at the beginning, just wanted to say Burrows is the man. I didn't even expect this from him. The drive and hunger emitting from him is massive, Hansen, and Kes are feeding offf of it and they look unstoppable.

I was probably the first person to have a Burrows signature (if Imageshack didn't get rid of the picture for some reason?) and I have supported him since the first day he dawned a Canucks jersey and I will support him till the end!

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

I am sure this has already been said, but I have to say it, - GO LEARN ABOUT HOCKEY!!!! Kesler and Burrows are the ultimate pest / shutdown tandem. Thier job is NOT to score, its to make life hell for the oppositions best players. The fact that with Hansen on thier line now they will each pot around 20 goals this year is a BONUS. Seriously, you dont trade guys like Burrows away you trade FOR guys like Burrows.

I think he'd have a lot more respect (from fans, players, teams and the media) if he didn't act like such a douche aka Ruutu.

Just my opinion.

Thats a huge part of him being on this team

There is a reason he is called a pest. <_<

He draws penalties and he has shown he knows what he is doing on the ice.

I think he'd have a lot more respect (from fans, players, teams and the media) if he didn't act like such a douche aka Ruutu.

Just my opinion.

They were talking about this last night. When asked why he was one of the most hated players in the league Burrows responded with "Because I want to be"

It is part of his role and the fact that he can pot a few goals is an added bonus.