clutch

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

9,717 posts in this topic

No doubt.

Who's to say he didn't take a cut.

Leafs probably offered him 6.1, why wouldn't he settle with 5 with the place he loves.

Also 5 sounds like a generous offer as far as showing him they want him here.

Good for both parties.

Man, it's getting tiresome listening this. Burker couldn't offer him anything as he didn't have the draft pick for the compensation.

Burrows feels like his next contract might look a little different.

I don't know. I'm not a mind reader. None of us are mind readers. It's ridiculous to say that he feels happy for Kesler or that he is jealous of Kesler when most of us don't even know him personally and he hasn't stated it (unless he has).

I'm sorry, but since the chick from Medium doesn't post here no one knows for sure how Burrows really feels.

Burrows is probably crying himself to sleep every night.....on a big pile of cash

I'm sure Ryan will buy his good friend Alexandre a big, frosty beer. And nachos. With everything.

Written in fine print on the contract..... Burrows will receive a 25% cut. ;)

Burrows is probably crying himself to sleep every night.....on a big pile of cash

With a $2M/year contract, it's probably 5 dollar bills :P

With a $2M/year contract, it's probably 5 dollar bills :P

Kesler only uses $5 bills to light his $100s and then he uses those to light his cigars.

did some of you start watching the canucks this season or something? Burrows was signed as a 2mil CHECKER. After he got signed he was put with the sedins and then he started lighting it up.

did some of you start watching the canucks this season or something? Burrows was signed as a 2mil CHECKER. After he got signed he was put with the sedins and then he started lighting it up.

Wrong.

Maybe I'm too much of a big picture type of guy. But if I was paid league minimum $500,000 per year I'd be pretty happy making a living on playing a game I love.

4 years later I'd have enough to take care of my mortgage and enough to go to University if I wanted to.

Hopefully walking around with a few Stanley Cup rings! :)

What a pass by Burrows to Grabner. Too bad he couldn't finish the play! :frantic:

From Botchford's Twitter: (On Province reporter Jim Jamieson talking to burrows after the kesler signing)

Quote Jim Jamieson got from Burrows on his contract: "The day I signed my contract I was the happiest guy in the city. That hasn't changed."

smile.gif

Edited by Giant Inflatable Beaver

Atta boy Burr, who cares how much you make, a Stanley Cup over shadows that. ;)

Edited by Bryan McCabe.24

From Botchford's Twitter: (On Province reporter Jim Jamieson talking to burrows after the kesler signing)

smile.gif

Wow. That's really classy. Gota say I have even more respect for him now after reading that.

Edited by cuporbust

I'd like for this whole Kesler contract dealie to simply die off, but knowing it's CDC, people are just going to read into the quote and think that there's a rift in the locker room now.

Edited by blue.dragon258

I'd like for this whole Kesler contract dealie to simply die off, but knowing it's CDC, people are just going to read into the quote and think that there's a rift in the locker room now.

what? did you even read the quote?

If anything, it means these guys are the closest group we have had in recent memory.

Edited by Giant Inflatable Beaver