The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You Sir, are a Pinhead.

Last night's game sure proved this idiot wrong.

EDIT: Not that he was ever right in the first place or the other games didn't prove him wrong, the home opener proved him wrong too.

Edited by NGC224

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You absolutely deserve to get burned for this, #14 plays at 100% every time he is on the ice he is chippy, abrasive and has great vision of the ice. on top of that he keeps scoring the big, clutch goals. you sir are an idiot.

from now on clutch will be the joker known as

"the one who bashed burrows"

Boy did you get a rude awakening.

You might as well change your name. Lol.

why would i change my name? I still don't think burrows has the skill to be a third ling winger. And what worse is all these fluke goals this ding dong is getting is probably going to get him a 2 million dollar contract. I'll admit he's playing better(and that kills me) but were only 3 games deep so he'll have to do allot more for him to make me eat my words.

Edited by clutch

why would i change my name? I still don't think burrows has the skill to be a third ling winger. And what worse is all these fluke goals this ding dong is getting is probably going to get him a 2 million dollar contract. I'll admit he's playing better(and that kills me) but were only 3 games deep so he'll have to do allot more for him to make me eat my words.

Burrows is a lot better than a guy like Jarrko Ruutu for a lot better contract

don't just look at his point totals, look at his takeaways, hits, +/-, shots, etc. etc.

and actually try watching him play

he is clearly a capable 3rd line player in the NHL, although he won't get much farther than the 3rd line, that's for sure

you fail at life suck face

How you like Burrows now?

wow lol are you actually cereal? Burrows can check the best players in the league, score prob 15-20 goals, pot another 20+ assists, while blocking shots being defensively responsible, one of our best PK'ers, works his a$$ off everyshift, good speed, decent shot, GREAT chemistry with Kesler which you say Kes i carrying this guy is so wrong Kes and Burr play so well of eachother remember how beginning of last year both Kes and Burr were doing ok not great then AV puts them together all of a sudden they both just start flying playing so well, Oh and Burr led our team in +/- last year, you rlly dont have any clue if you think Burrows isn't important to this team, and he's not gonna get 2 mil but for what he does 1.2-1.5 is fair

oh and p.s. he annoys the ???? outta the top players in the league and gets them off their game that way too and he's a good leader

lol

armchair gm's from b.c. that probably never stepped on the ice make me laugh.

Ive watched and played hockey all my life and i know garbage when i see it. It just goes to show how mixed up vancouver canuck fans are when it comes to hockey. most of you should try playing the game before thinking your experts by watching it.

"all your life" eh...so what you have been playing for 5 or 6 years, dont compare your "knowledge" of peewee hockey to NHL. anyone would be a better gm or coach then you, like everyone said, its obvious that krog is better thats why hes in the NHL...dude ur a DumbA$$ plain and simple

Hahah.

Yeah, and how about his lackluster effort level too? :lol:

TC. Considering you couldn't really be stupid enough to believe what you've written I have to wonder what your real grudge is against Burrows. Did your woman scream his name during sex or maybe you have something against francophones? I don't know what it is but you couldn't possibly watch him play right now and think he deserves to be let go.