The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Yeah, I've had it up to here with his stinkin' work ethic! It's even starting to spoil Wellwood's slackness.

And pretty much bogarting the Sedins? Don't get me started!

And what's with that wimpy salary? How are we supposed to really push the cap with that sort of thing going on? Burrows is giving us a bad name with the agents' union...

haha.

On a personal note, I'd like to extend the hand of welcome to Clutch. Nothing you said can outweigh the pure enjoyment and longevity of this post. Come on back, buddy! And keep up the good work.

On a personal note, I'd like to extend the hand of welcome to Clutch. Nothing you said can outweigh the pure enjoyment and longevity of this post. Come on back, buddy! And keep up the good work.

I see Burrows being a lifer here. He took the home town discount so I get the impression he's here for good. He's 28 right now, and will likely play until ~38. That means we have 10 more years of bumping this thread.

I see Burrows being a lifer here. He took the home town discount so I get the impression he's here for good. He's 28 right now, and will likely play until ~38. That means we have 10 more years of bumping this thread.

can you imagine... that would be epic.

can you imagine... that would be epic.

Burrows currently sits 45th all time in Canucks scoring, pretty impressive if you ask me.

He has 163 points. 408 points will put him into top 10. I can easily see him picking up 245 points in 10 years and ending his career in the top 10 all time.

Actually Donald Lever currently sits in the top 10 with 407 points. Ryan Kesler is currently in 31st place with 208 points so will likly beat Burrows to the top 10 meaning Burrows will have to pass Todd Bertuzzi's 449 points to make it in the top 10.

Sami Salo is 34th with 200 points, but I don't see him making it to the top 10.

33 and counting. What bugged me last night was when MacTavish said " any player playing on the right wing of the Sedin's would be callling his agent to let him know about a big deposit in the account after a big season. " Burrows is sticking around for a while, not pulling an Anson Carter. Where is Carter nowadays? Burrows deserves to be there. I think Burrows make the twins better. Last year was the first year they averaged a point a game. Look at this year. Henrik 1.34 ppg. Daniel 1.32 ppg. It's not just a coincidence there ppg went up vastly. Burrows has alot to do with their production and vice versa.