The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I'm willing to bet that both Danny and Burr will suck it up and play tomorrow

They see how badly we need them

Glad it wasn't more serious. I was listening on the radio and the way it was being described I thought he'd have a throat contusion like Mike Ribeiro did.

We have to see if it swells up overnight. Maybe he won't be in the lineup tomorrow due to swelling in his throat. It is a good thing that he doesn't seem to have a collapsed trachea which would have him in the ER. It would be wise for him to stay at the hospital overnight so they could monitor his condition like when Loungo got hit on the throat.

a;ldkjfaldkfj Just relieved that the situation surrounding Burrows is not as horrific as I thought it was. There were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE scenarios running through my head.

Seriously. Imagine coming back from the John Mayer concert at GM Place tonight and finding this note on your desk from your baby bro:

dsc01074copy.jpg

Edit: Wow, was I ever gullible grossly misinformed. This note is only half right. What is this, half of an April Fool's joke? URGH.

Edited by mooingcow

I just love this guy. He's a perfect balance of charisma, craziness and possesses a winner's spirit.

That was one of the most brutal shots to the face (throat) that I have ever seen. It was from close range and it was a rocket. Whatever else happens, we need this guy in the play-offs.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Thank God for guys like him when we are so weak in other areas.

I know I spelled throat wrong, my brain farted so there. :frantic:

Edited by dirk diggler
  • Upvote 1

I just love this guy. He's a perfect balance of charisma, craziness and possesses a winner's spirit.

That was one of the most brutal shots to the face (throat) that I have ever seen. It was from close range and it was a rocket. Whatever else happens, we need this guy in the play-offs.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Thank God for guys like him when we are so weak in other areas.

I know I spelled throat wrong, my brain farted so there. :frantic:

I really hope his throat doesn't swell badly. We really need him and Kesler, because our team defense is weak. Our PK looked horrible without him, so it just shows how vital he is to the team. His contract is a huge steal.

So does anybody have an idea on when he's coming back or what the injury is?

All I know is what he said during the interview. He is feeling better but having trouble swallowing and is pretty much day to day. He wanted to come back during the game but the trainers and coaches said no as the game was a blow-out. He seemed fine but I think he was battling through some pain, which is why I love him.

He'll be back for play-offs and probably before.

This guy deserves a lot of good energy.

All I know is what he said during the interview. He is feeling better but having trouble swallowing and is pretty much day to day. He wanted to come back during the game but the trainers and coaches said no as the game was a blow-out. He seemed fine but I think he was battling through some pain, which is why I love him.

He'll be back for play-offs and probably before.

This guy deserves a lot of good energy.

So now we only have Henrik Sedin??? Something tells me we're going to see Demitra playing on the first line. Baumgartner is probably going to get called up as well... OH MY GOD!!

So now we only have Henrik Sedin??? Something tells me we're going to see Demitra playing on the first line. Baumgartner is probably going to get called up as well... OH MY GOD!!

It's ok...have faith. this team more than any other battles adversity head on. We have depth this year and we are definitely going to make the play-offs and since the injuries are arguably minor we will be fine.

I believe in AV and MG and their composure is second to none in the NHL. Our core will be there...my only concern is goaltending. Lu has lost my confidence and his inconsistency is not to be taken lightly. I really feel that Raycroft deserves more starts. He's got a fire inside him and you can see it.

Definitely not time to panic but to embrace the moment. :towel: