The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Plus 1. I agree. I personally hate burrows. He can just score cuz he plays with the twins. I saw hansen, demo, Raymond, grabner, and bernier play with the Sedins and they were all good. people just like him cuz he can fet hat tricks. George laraque gets hat tricks for Gods sake! He is an overrated player. Also, he missed so much good oppurtunities last game which couldve got Hank more points. he always takes stupid penalties and is always falling down.

I wish I had more minuses left but unfortunately Im all out. You obviously don't understand hockey much eh?. Burr did a awesome job opening up space for the twins to do there magic, you could tell he didn't even want to touch the puck unless he was sure that it would result in a point for Henrik.

Henrik even pointed out what a great job Burr did in creating space for him. If you were watching on the first goal he tied up their defenceman at the side of the net, so that Bieksa had a straight lane to the net uninpeded. He then played decoy on Daniel second goal so that Danny had room to take a pass from Henrick and drive the net with no one close enough to get in his way.

My point is If you understood the way hockey works you would realize that there are many reasons why Burr is the best fit on the top line. He creates space, he is gritty and is very good at turning pucks over for the twins to work their magic, He has watched them for years and Knows where to go when they have the puck, he can finish, he is a underrated play maker he is highly skilled and he never ever takes a shift off. These are not even all of the things that he brings to the table.

Also as far as he can only put up points with the twins, that has been disproven by the fact that he has played well whenever he has played with any one else. He has 5 shorthanded goals and 7 shorthanded points.(the most in the NHL).

I am looking forward to the day when all the people who still don't think Burrows is a good player unless he plays with the twins, are forced to eat their words.

How can you bet against a player who has come so far(the East Coast League) and who has proven people wrong about his abilities year after year.

All I know is if you asked the general managers of nearly every NHL team they would all pay more than 2 million to have a player like him on their team. I just hope he stays here for a long time, puts up a lot of points and hopefully retires a Canuck.

who will be sportin a Burrows jersey on thursday? I will. whoot whoot.

Don't have a Burrows jersey, but will definitely be wearing my Burrows t shirt.

Plus 1. I agree. I personally hate burrows. He can just score cuz he plays with the twins. I saw hansen, demo, Raymond, grabner, and bernier play with the Sedins and they were all good. people just like him cuz he can fet hat tricks. George laraque gets hat tricks for Gods sake! He is an overrated player. Also, he missed so much good oppurtunities last game which couldve got Hank more points. he always takes stupid penalties and is always falling down.

You do understand that many of the goals are created when Burr drives to the net or steals the puck and runs with it? Nope, it's not a thing where he's simply parked and waits (although he will go to the area in front of the net and take what's dished out there). Burr works hard, every shift and if you don't know that I'd likely give up on hockey and focus on your spelling/grammar instead. Speaking of lost opportunities....

That's too bad. I have one, but it's signed so I don't wear it, just have it on display. I'll be wearing my Burrows jersey shirt though :P

That's too bad only a signed one! I'll raise your showmanship mines not signed but mines game worn :P:towel:

Edited by Rypien's Left Fist