The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Top goal scorer on the team in the regular season. Need i say more?

Yeah, Burrows got the most goals in the season for the Canucks, but what has he done in the playoffs? It was time for some line shifting and I'm glad Vigneault figured it out before it was too late. It payed off. Burrows needs to bury a goal and pick up his confidence again. I don't think he's owning the space in front of the net like he used to. He needs to park himself in front of Quick and screen him/pick up rebounds because everybody knows Quick is giving some pretty juicy rebounds that the Canucks haven't been able to jump on. We need more presence in front of Quick. Burrows will bounce back.

Burrows looks injured to me. I think he is playing with an injury to his lower body...you can see it when he skates. Whatever injury he has, I think he got it midway or late in game 2. Maybe its just me seeing something thats not there....but he doesnt look right the way he moves.

Burrows looks injured to me. I think he is playing with an injury to his lower body...you can see it when he skates. Whatever injury he has, I think he got it midway or late in game 2. Maybe its just me seeing something thats not there....but he doesnt look right the way he moves.

No doubt

I think we can safely say by now, after watching him go all out, every game, all year long, that Alex would be playing at a much faster more reckless pace if he was 100%.

It sucks because he's a key reason for our success this year. I think even with all the accolades and the 35 goals, he is still under-rated. It could explain the teams downturn in game 2 and onwards. You can't just remove a good part of the effectiveness of a player of that influence and not cause a hiccup in the play and psyche of the team.

So it would be bad news if its any nagging long term injury.

Good news is, the team found a way to adjust and we know they can win now even without a totally effective Burrows.

:towel: