The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I bet Burr knows about this thread - and he takes great pride in it.

I think Burrows is the pinnacle of his type of player in the NHL

Burrows: 35 G - 67 P

Ott: 22 G - 36 P

Avery: 11 G - 31 P

Cook: 15 G - 30 P

Carcillo: 12 G - 22 P

Too name a few!!

Sure his numbers may be skewed because of the Twins and all (mind you he did/does not get any PP time), but he played his way onto that line.

We are very fortunate to have him and for only 2 mill????????

Burrow - do we really love him? Yes we do!!

<br />I bet Burr knows about this thread - and he takes great pride in it.  <br /><br />I think Burrows is the pinnacle of his type of player in the NHL<br /><br />Burrows: 35 G - 67 P<br /><br />Ott: 22 G - 36 P<br /><br />Avery: 11 G - 31 P<br /><br />Cook: 15 G - 30 P<br /><br />Carcillo: 12 G - 22 P<br /><br />Too name a few!!<br /><br />Sure his numbers may be skewed because of the Twins and all (mind you he did/does not get any PP time), but he played his way onto that line.<br /><br />We are very fortunate to have him and for only 2 mill???????? <br /><br />Burrow - do we really love him?  Yes we do!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Don't forget Steve Downie who had 46 points in 79 games this year, big turn around for him. Plus Burrows plays on the first line most of the time ... the same can't be said for most of those other clowns haha

<br /><br /><br />

Don't forget Steve Downie who had 46 points in 79 games this year, big turn around for him. Plus Burrows plays on the first line most of the time ... the same can't be said for most of those other clowns haha

Hence

"Too name a few"

&

"Sure he plays with the twins and all (No pp time though)"

Comments in my post!!

But thanks for adding Steve Downie - who is 2nd liner and pp player!!

awesome regular season player, but nothing in the playoffs of significence besides effort which everyone has.. would love to see him healthy in the post season, if that means he has to do less in the season iam fine with it

I REALLY hate watching as a fan when teams that have clinched in the NBA and NFL start resting guys, but at the same time I can see how that can be helpful in the long run. I know that regular season records are great (16-0 New England Pats) but at the same time, isn't the ultimate prize the Super Bowl? Would people be knocking the Canucks for resting guys like Burrows/Kesler (even just limiting their icetimes) who get banged up because of their gritty style of play? I know this is a question asked to look in hindsight, but if we are in a similar situation next season, would we be alright with resting some of our key players and let our role players play more?

• Upvote 2

I REALLY hate watching as a fan when teams that have clinched in the NBA and NFL start resting guys, but at the same time I can see how that can be helpful in the long run. I know that regular season records are great (16-0 New England Pats) but at the same time, isn't the ultimate prize the Super Bowl? Would people be knocking the Canucks for resting guys like Burrows/Kesler (even just limiting their icetimes) who get banged up because of their gritty style of play? I know this is a question asked to look in hindsight, but if we are in a similar situation next season, would we be alright with resting some of our key players and let our role players play more?

Maybe the last 2 or 3 games of the regular season. But we did have 5-6 days off from the end of the season to the playoffs. But probably 3 practice days in there.

Apparently Burrows' shoulder injury was pretty serious so while a couple of days of rest might have helped a little, it ultimately might not have made much of a difference in the end. I really do think that you have to be lucky in terms of injuries during the playoffs, and we've had some absolutely rotten luck during the past two playoff campaigns. If Burrows and Kesler weren't injured that series really could've turned out differently. Plus it was revealed that our defence seemed to be made of porcelain throughout the season, which didn't help matters. That being said, however... f*ck Malkin! angry.gif I hope he gets what's coming to him.

• Upvote 2