The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Guest sedinsisters00

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

that is so stupid we only pay him 2 million and he scored like over 30 goals last year no wonder everyone gives you -1

In Topic: Alex Burrows...playing his worst hockey in 2 years

07 May 2010 - 08:10 AM

wow i can't believe people are still defending this bum. if's he's hurt then he shouldn't be playing. he's useless on the pk and anywhere else. i watched him fall down 5 times on one shift. wake up clowns burrows is garbage. Do we really need this bum? lololololol.

In Topic: Burrows?

23 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

I still can't stand him and our overrated goalie

In Topic: Burrows ?

30 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

burrows should be handing out towels on the bench.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OP has a huuuuge hate-on for my main man Burr. (some of his posts on Burr above) Even as recent as the beginning of last season he trash talked Burrows. Alex Burrows has been a great addition to the club. You guys know his story. Where he came from. How he got here. And now he plays in a top line role, scoring clutch and timely goals aaaaannnnddddd signed at a discount. I don't know what else Burr has to do to get the OP to change his beeotchy attitude towards Alexandre.

Maybe the dude is upset cuz his old lady went clubbing with some of her other girlfriends one night. They ended up at a classy place and Burr happened to be there too.

The rest is history! U can use ur own imaginations as to what may have happened. Personally, if she was indeed hot enough, Burr tapped dat donkey. Fo shizzle.

No wonder the OP started this thread. Sheeeesh :blink:

Edited by Canuckleheadz77

Krog>burrows

I never understood why, as this thread has been pinned on and off again for a bit, this is not used as an example on how not to post in Canucks Talk.

He may be the one of the only trolls that has never been banned, which is somewhat good, its the funniest thing ever.

• Upvote 1

The only player I ever found myself yelling at was Steve Bernier. Now he's gone.

Burrows was a diamond in the rough, and every team is kickign themselves for not scouting thsi guy out teh way teh Canucks did.

He's had some of the most clutch goals in the past few seasons, and was an inspiration when he dedicated his season to the late LB.

Burrows will be a Canuck for a loooong time.