The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Pretty ironic that he's turning into the most clutch player in franchise history lol

Pretty sad that the franchise won't honor the most loved Canuck with a renewed contract in which he is greatly deserving of.

Burr has one point less than Kes and Kes makes $5m.

Burr makes half a million less than Mason.

Burr makes a quarter million less than the Canuck for a second,Marco Sturm (just to show what disparity is).

Burr was fourth in playoffs scoring last year,three points behind Daniel and two points behind Kes.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/stats.htm?gameType=3&season=20102011

• Upvote 1

Kesler signed a six-year, $30 million contract extension with the Canucks on March 19, 2010. The deal will pay Kesler $5 million per season.The signing came a month and a half after general manager Mike Gillis announced he had suspended contract negotiations with all the Canucks' pending free agents until after the 2009–10 season. The Canucks were reportedly looking to sign him at $4.5 million per year, while Kesler was asking for $5.5 million.

Kesler had made remarks the previous season in March 2009, after Burrows had recently signed a four-year, $2 million per season extension, that more players need to sign contracts below market value in order to develop a winning team.

His comments later prompted his agent to refute the idea Kesler would not negotiate a new contract with the Canucks at full market value.

Kesler was also contacted by NHL Players Association director of affairs Glenn Healy, discouraging him to make similar remarks in the future.

A little worried about resigning him in the 2013-2014 season!

Already having 8 players (4F, 3D, G)signed for the 2013-2014 season, who chew up over 40 million in cap space doesnt leave much when trying to fill out the rest of a roster, especially when you consider Edler will also be a UFA and earn a large raise (all-star D-man) 5.5M lets say. COHO, RFA (probable raise) and with burrows production continues a sizable raise as well.

Interesting to see how this all works out, and hope GMMG can work some more magic

A little worried about resigning him in the 2013-2014 season!

Already having 8 players (4F, 3D, G)signed for the 2013-2014 season, who chew up over 40 million in cap space doesnt leave much when trying to fill out the rest of a roster, especially when you consider Edler will also be a UFA and earn a large raise (all-star D-man) 5.5M lets say. COHO, RFA (probable raise) and with burrows production continues a sizable raise as well.

Interesting to see how this all works out, and hope GMMG can work some more magic

Burrows is the heart of the Canucks. Signing him will be no problem. I'm sure he'll take a bit of a discount, but MG will also want to give him the money he deserves, especially if we've already brought home a cup before then. :)

Burrows is the heart of the Canucks. Signing him will be no problem. I'm sure he'll take a bit of a discount, but MG will also want to give him the money he deserves, especially if we've already brought home a cup before then. :)

If your still friends with Clutch, tell him he has 6400 messages Would love to see how feels about being burrowed on this board!

Pretty sad that the franchise won't honor the most loved Canuck with a renewed contract in which he is greatly deserving of.

Burr has one point less than Kes and Kes makes $5m.

Burr makes half a million less than Mason.

Burr makes a quarter million less than the Canuck for a second,Marco Sturm (just to show what disparity is).

Burr was fourth in playoffs scoring last year,three points behind Daniel and two points behind Kes.

http://canucks.nhl.c...season=20102011

I Could not agree more!!!!.Cmon MG do the right thing!!.

This 'bandwagon jumper' still has his white towel from the =82 cup finals, so allow me to continue to educate... people talk about Burrows value on the PK, how he is good for 2 million, and how me brings 'energy' to the bench. That is exactly why he should be traded. We have lots of guys who can work the PK and he is good value for 2 million, which is why he makes such great trade bait. You could probably send him to Columbus for Jeff Carter straight up. And I promise you, AV would be robbing them blind. You put Jeff Carter on that wing and I guarantee he scores more big goals than burrows ever did.

As for bench presence, lets put on our bigboy pants everyone. This is a business, and the Canucks can use him to make themselves better. I bet scoring more goals helps on the bench too. The idea of 'Canucks for life' is ridiculous. If you feel nostalgic, hire him back when he is winding down his career like they did with Linden. He takes lazy penalties and doesn't provide anything that others on the team couldn't quickly step in to do. He is not a team leader and shouldn't be treated as untouchable. If teams want him, then let them offer up what they have and lets get above market value for him while the getting is good.

I don't have a hate on for the guy, I just think he is overvalued and now is the time to cash in on it. There are deals that could be made with him that would make the team better today. I would rather have a stronger run at the cup this year and worry about the repercussions in summer as I think back fondly to how awesome it was when we won the cup in thanks to those key players we picked up in February when we moved expendable overvalued players like burrows.

Thank god no one in te Canucks orginization thinks the way you do.

As for any one else could do what he does? how come everytime they try someone else with the Sedins for any period of time it doesn't work?. But that is beside the point.

If you were paying attention he had his 2 best games of the playoffs playing with kes against Chicago when he Slayed the Dragon and had 5pts in 2 games. He finished with 9goals 8assists for17pts, 2pts less than Kes and 3 less than Danny!!!.

They could very easily need to put him back with Kes in the playoffs if the Sedins get shut down.And Burr is the most Clutch player we have.

And Carter is a Cancer. Burr is a far better player salary wise and term and overall!!!.

He doesn't have a letter but he is one of the main leaders on the team and part of the inner core.Wake up

Edited by alexandre the great
  • Upvote 3