clutch

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

Burrows = Mr.Clutch.

He still amazes me with how clutch he is. I really want to keep saying clutch for some reason.. :bigblush:

Ah....maybe Burrows IS Clutch. He wrote the OP to start a flame war in CDC! ;)

Guest gumballthechewy

Ah....maybe Burrows IS Clutch. He wrote the OP to start a flame war in CDC! ;)

Ha ha! The funny thing is I could totally see him doing something like that!

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.
Hurry send this guy to boston
  • Upvote 1

Pretty ironic that he's turning into the most clutch player in franchise history lol

lol so true

• Upvote 2

Pretty ironic that he's turning into the most clutch player in franchise history lol

Pretty sad that the franchise won't honor the most loved Canuck with a renewed contract in which he is greatly deserving of.

Burr has one point less than Kes and Kes makes $5m.

Burr makes half a million less than Mason.

Burr makes a quarter million less than the Canuck for a second,Marco Sturm (just to show what disparity is).

Burr was fourth in playoffs scoring last year,three points behind Daniel and two points behind Kes.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/stats.htm?gameType=3&season=20102011

• Upvote 1

Kesler signed a six-year, $30 million contract extension with the Canucks on March 19, 2010. The deal will pay Kesler $5 million per season.The signing came a month and a half after general manager Mike Gillis announced he had suspended contract negotiations with all the Canucks' pending free agents until after the 2009–10 season. The Canucks were reportedly looking to sign him at $4.5 million per year, while Kesler was asking for $5.5 million.

Kesler had made remarks the previous season in March 2009, after Burrows had recently signed a four-year, $2 million per season extension, that more players need to sign contracts below market value in order to develop a winning team.

His comments later prompted his agent to refute the idea Kesler would not negotiate a new contract with the Canucks at full market value.

Kesler was also contacted by NHL Players Association director of affairs Glenn Healy, discouraging him to make similar remarks in the future.

OP don't know what clutch is.

Probably drives an automatic.

/didn't backread

^ I was referring to this part:

Pretty sad that the franchise won't honor the most loved Canuck with a renewed contract in which he is greatly deserving of.

?????

A little worried about resigning him in the 2013-2014 season!

Already having 8 players (4F, 3D, G)signed for the 2013-2014 season, who chew up over 40 million in cap space doesnt leave much when trying to fill out the rest of a roster, especially when you consider Edler will also be a UFA and earn a large raise (all-star D-man) 5.5M lets say. COHO, RFA (probable raise) and with burrows production continues a sizable raise as well.

Interesting to see how this all works out, and hope GMMG can work some more magic

A little worried about resigning him in the 2013-2014 season!

Already having 8 players (4F, 3D, G)signed for the 2013-2014 season, who chew up over 40 million in cap space doesnt leave much when trying to fill out the rest of a roster, especially when you consider Edler will also be a UFA and earn a large raise (all-star D-man) 5.5M lets say. COHO, RFA (probable raise) and with burrows production continues a sizable raise as well.

Interesting to see how this all works out, and hope GMMG can work some more magic

Burrows is the heart of the Canucks. Signing him will be no problem. I'm sure he'll take a bit of a discount, but MG will also want to give him the money he deserves, especially if we've already brought home a cup before then. :)

Burrows is probably one of the most clutch players in the league. The only others I can think of are Datsyuk and Malkin.

Guest gumballthechewy

BURROWS NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the Ring of Honour when he retires!

See what I did there?

• Upvote 1

Guest gumballthechewy

Well played sir.

Why thank you!

I'm here all week! :P

Burrows is the heart of the Canucks. Signing him will be no problem. I'm sure he'll take a bit of a discount, but MG will also want to give him the money he deserves, especially if we've already brought home a cup before then. :)

If your still friends with Clutch, tell him he has 6400 messages Would love to see how feels about being burrowed on this board!