The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Good job burr

Joined 13-April 12

Anybody can spell "cIutch" with a capital "i".

Edited by WeatherWise

Anybody can spell "cIutch" with a capital "i".

Your so smart.

And I'm pretty sure they can't since mine is. And what's that supposed to make me mad or something LOL

me making my name clutch is no different then the guy whos name is brad marchand

shouldnt you be busy digging through someones post history right now?

Edited by cIutch

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

Your boys playing for Team Canada right now ;)

If I could trade him for a non-annoying player of equal value I would.(especially for a good ol' boy type). Same goes for Lapierre, there's no reason the Canucks have to lead the league in pests/agitator types. Their effectiveness diminishes considerably in the playoffs, the refs hate them, the players hate them, the fans hate them, the media hates them, a villainous, dastardly team has no friends.

• Upvote 1

If I could trade him for a non-annoying player of equal value I would.(especially for a good ol' boy type). Same goes for Lapierre, there's no reason the Canucks have to lead the league in pests/agitator types. Their effectiveness diminishes considerably in the playoffs, the refs hate them, the players hate them, the fans hate them, the media hates them, a villainous, dastardly team has no friends.

Oh yeah, I think you're right. We really could use guys that braid multi coloured friendship bracelets on the bench so that when they hit the ice they can distribute them in a gesture of world peace.

Then everyone would love them and they'd start a Livestrong type bracelet movement like hockey's never seen before.

Because we know that what wins hockey games is everyone on the ice and especially the opposing fans loving you...how else can you win? I mean goals like Burr's GWG vs Chicago mean nothing. Playing for your national team after suffering a concussion and sparking them in a comeback win is meaningless without the guys on the other bench's hugs and affirmation. And Lappy's endless energy just gets teams in a tizzy...how is that fair? For sure, I hear ya on this stuff. Who needs guys like this?

Annoying guys simply don't win those hockey popularity contests and that's what we're after, right?

• Upvote 3

Oh yeah, I think you're right. We really could use guys that braid multi coloured friendship bracelets on the bench so that when they hit the ice they can distribute them in a gesture of world peace.

Then everyone would love them and they'd start a Livestrong type bracelet movement like hockey's never seen before.

Because we know that what wins hockey games is everyone on the ice and especially the opposing fans loving you...how else can you win? I mean goals like Burr's GWG vs Chicago mean nothing. Playing for your national team after suffering a concussion and sparking them in a comeback win is meaningless without the guys on the other bench's hugs and affirmation. And Lappy's endless energy just gets teams in a tizzy...how is that fair? For sure, I hear ya on this stuff. Who needs guys like this?

Annoying guys simply don't win those hockey popularity contests and that's what we're after, right?

Hahahaha, that made my day. Great comment on a stupid earlier post....... :)

Edited by Canuck_crazy_in_WA

tumblr_m3x29aElx41rsg4tro1_1280.jpg

Jeff Vinnick took a shot of me with Big Z (Zdeno Chara) the other day and a lot of people are wondering what was said. After practice we crossed paths in the hallway leading to the practice rink and he was asking me how I was feeling after leaving the game against his team Slovakia. He is one of the toughest guys around the NHL, but I’ve only heard good things about Chara as a person and for him to check on me proves to me that he is a very genuine guy.
Edited by GodzillaDeuce
  • Upvote 3