The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You almost described Raymond. Your post should be titled; Raymond, do we really need him? To which the answer is heck no.

Best thread on CDC. Always brings a smile to my face.

With Burr looking for a new deal soon and considering that David Jones just got a 4 year $16 Million deal for his 20 goal, 37 point season this past year,Clutch's question "Burrows?Do We Really Need Him?" is once again relevant, but should be tweaked slightly to something like...

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?...IF he wants a similar 4-year $16 Million dollar deal???

Burrows is easily worth 4mil/year. You will never find another player who will play so well with the Sedins. At least not for that price.

Best thread on CDC. Always brings a smile to my face.

With Burr looking for a new deal soon and considering that David Jones just got a 4 year $16 Million deal for his 20 goal, 37 point season this past year,Clutch's question "Burrows?Do We Really Need Him?" is once again relevant, but should be tweaked slightly to something like...

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?...IF he wants a similar 4-year $16 Million dollar deal???

Burrows is easily worth 4mil/year. You will never find another player who will play so well with the Sedins. At least not for that price.

Burrows loves the Canucks. I can honestly see him signing for 3.5.

Guest gumballthechewy

Why are people still posting in this thread? The OP was clearly an ignorant and plus this was 4 years ago.

Wow, really? Buy a clue buddy.

Why are people still posting in this thread? The OP was clearly an ignorant and plus this was 4 years ago.

This thread goes beyond just a typical "stupid thread" status and has indeed reached "Legendary" status. Legends get better with age so just accept the fact that this thread will never go away.

I do believe however that the bumping of this thread was premature. The CDC ritual is to necro-bump this thread when Burr pops a game-winner, much like how Canucklelion will bump the Bieksa thread when Bieksa makes a poor play. As inevitable as death and taxes.

Guest gumballthechewy

The CDC ritual is to necro-bump this thread when Burr pops a game-winner

Not just game winners, most beauty goals by Burr prompt a bump here.

lol, and the legendary thread resurfaces, but yeah, who bumped this prematurely?

this thread needs to be bumped

I'm a terrible nark!

:bigblush:

Edited by gumballthechewy

Guest gumballthechewy

4 years ago did you ever dream your thread would be this successful?

That's not the same clutch that started this thread. Well, not the same profile being used to post, it could easily be the same person though...

I don't really think we need burrows... dammit! i knew we should have used that 2m to sign Zenon Konopka that guy is a stud right now!!!

I can't tell if your joking or not, but damn if Kaley Cuoco isn't hot!

Edited by gumballthechewy