The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I don't know how he didn't get a call on that OBVIOUS hook on his scoring chance. Man the zebras must still just hate the guy.

Yea , not to mention the early whistle on his would be goal.. You could see on his face how bad he wanted/needed that. Feel for the guy, but it took a tired piss poor buffalo team for him to be noticeable out there. Same could be said for most of our team though.. :( 

10 minutes ago, Robongo said:

Yea , not to mention the early whistle on his would be goal.. You could see on his face how bad he wanted/needed that. Feel for the guy, but it took a tired piss poor buffalo team for him to be noticeable out there. Same could be said for most of our team though.. :( 

Yeah that sucked too but is a bit more excusable. Ref's can and do lose sight of the puck, especially in a pile up. THAT (while annoying), I could swallow. That non-call though...:blink::picard:

3 hours ago, Robongo said:

Yeah, exactly! Could totally see that he really wanted that goal and it could've been his if only the refs didn't ruin it...

Feel bad for him. :(

Hope he gets a goal soon!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

For years Burrows was the go to guy. They put him on every struggling line and it worked. He has been an unsung hero, but now he seems burned out, as does Higgins, and Edler. Burrows should be with the Sedins but they need him to help the young guys. WD and his coaches have made a mess of things and should be let go.

1 hour ago, Tom Sestito said:

Didn't know we had the minus function in November. 

As I mentioned in my first post under this name, IN NOVEMBER YES, I have been around these parts for long while but couldn't access my old account for some reason. 

Edited by y-ote'

To be taking up a cap hit of 4.5, you have to expect a more consistent effort, most nights you don’t even notice him, followed up with the odd night of him scoring a goal.  At this point you have think what’s the best value canucks can get out of Burrows?

Is it the leadership and hard work for our youth, or is it through a trade with a returning asset? 

If Canucks were willing to retain some salary, I could see a few teams looking at Burrows for a playoff push, after all Burrows is Clutch in OT. 

In my honest opinion,  he will be moved out during the summer or next trade deadline, but wouldn’t be shocked if he was moved out this year.  There are too many youth pushing for his role at a much cheaper cost,  some who won’t be waiver exempt next season (Kenins, Grenier, Jensen). What are we more concerned about loosing next year, a 35 year old turning 36 year old who likely retires at the end of his contract, or young assets that we've been spending time and money on developing the last 3 years.

• Upvote 1