22 L Daniel Sedin 53 21 23 44 13 24 6 0 6 181  
33 C Henrik Sedin 47 9 28 37 9 10 4 1 0 59  
36 R Jannik Hansen 49 15 11 26 15 18 0 1 2 89  
53 C Bo Horvat 53 10 15 25 -25 12 3 0 3 88  
17 R Radim Vrbata 51 11 11 22 -23 12 4 0 0 169  
23 D Alexander Edler 52 6 14 20 -8 46 3 0 0 111  
47 L Sven Baertschi 45 10 9 19 -3 12 1 0 1 59

14 R andre Burrows 1 7 9 16 -9 30 2 0 0

Quicker to do this in a different way

Burrows is the 8 th leading scorer playing 3 rd and 4th line minutes and PK      What do you want from a guy playing those types of minutes? 10 points behind Hansen, who by the way, is on the top line.

People gotta complain .

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Talk to Wilie, maybe he can put the $4.5 mill guy back with the twins and Hansen back to the third line.  More to the point, you are crapping on the player even though the coach decides who plays with who.

Players earn the right  for more icetime and  top line.  If Burrows is on the turd line it is because the coach feels that is the icetime / linemates he deserves....

If Burrows is pissed about it , he can always go for coffee with Vrbata and they can have a bitch fest about willie and his favourites.. LOL

Bottom line.  Burrows is AHL material now.  He is about to get HIgginized, Prusturated..

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Quicker to do this in a different way

Burrows is the 8 th leading scorer playing 3 rd and 4th line minutes and PK      What do you want from a guy playing those types of minutes? 10 points behind Hansen, who by the way, is on the top line.

People gotta complain .

8th leading scorer? Lol. Holy &^@# hand out the blue ribbons!

8th.  So kinda puts him right in the bottom six or 7-9. Which makes perfect sense considering he's 8th in scoring.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Players earn the right  for more icetime and  top line.  If Burrows is on the turd line it is because the coach feels that is the icetime / linemates he deserves....

If Burrows is pissed about it , he can always go for coffee with Vrbata and they can have a bitch fest about willie and his favourites.. LOL

Bottom line.  Burrows is AHL material now.  He is about to get HIgginized, Prusturated..

Please show me where Burrows has at any time complained about who or which line he plays on? Or just insert the middle line of your post and your foot into your mouth.

You are aware that coaches play players where they think it is best for the team overall? Maybe Willie figures 3rd line ice time will keep Bur fresh so he can continue to be an excellent pk'er?

20 minutes ago, riffraff said:

8th leading scorer? Lol. Holy &^@# hand out the blue ribbons!

8th.  So kinda puts him right in the bottom six or 7-9. Which makes perfect sense considering he's 8th in scoring.

That is right- he is playing on the third line and is in the top 9 scoring on the team. Do you expect him to lead the team in scoring, while playing 3rd line minutes and first line pk?

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

That is right- he is playing on the third line and is in the top 9 scoring on the team. Do you expect him to lead the team in scoring, while playing 3rd line minutes and first line pk?

I could be misinterpreting your post. To me it sounds like you're saying 8th in scoring is an accomplishment to be hold when it isn't really considering 8th is numerically on the the third line where he is playing.

imo he isn't capable of playing in the top six on a consistent basis anymore.

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

He was tried on two different occasions with the twins again this year and did nothing.

Theres a reason he's on the third line and he should be a line lower.

1 minute ago, Spotted Zebra said:

He was tried on two different occasions with the twins again this year and did nothing.

Theres a reason he's on the third line and he should be a line lower.

For how long was he on the 1st line? Personally I don't think he is first line stuff anymore, but I'm not booting him off the team or jumping up and down and lighting my hair on fire because the guy is on the 3rd line putting up, gasp, 3rd line points, while being a leading penalty killer.

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe the issue is Burrows putting up 3rd line points while being paid a first line salary of 4.5 mil.

Burrows had a great career with the Canucks. HIs locker gets cleaned out this summer and reassigned to Gaunce.

Assuming that you think he can't be traded, Burr would have to be bought out or waived to Utica.  If he goes to Utica, very little of his salary comes off the Canuck salary cap which is a big problem for next season. I doubt the owner will want to buy out Bur, as he already has to buy out Higgy.  That's 7M thrown away and then fans  will want him to spend another 7M on UFAs.

He only has a year left on his contract, so I think they keep him with the Canucks. 

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Assuming that you think he can't be traded, Burr would have to be bought out or waived to Utica.  If he goes to Utica, very little of his salary comes off the Canuck salary cap which is a big problem for next season. I doubt the owner will want to buy out Bur, as he already has to buy out Higgy.  That's 7M thrown away and then fans  will want him to spend another 7M on UFAs.

He only has a year left on his contract, so I think they keep him with the Canucks. 

I hope you are not correct. But you may be right.  I am hoping we could trade him but pay  50 % of his salary....  Just to clear up space for our new young players...

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I hope you are not correct. But you may be right.  I am hoping we could trade him but pay  50 % of his salary....  Just to clear up space for our new young players...

I am sure he has something to contribute to the right team and at the right price if he is willing to be traded.

On February 10, 2016 at 1:41 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe the issue is Burrows putting up 3rd line points while being paid a first line salary of 4.5 mil.

Burrows had a great career with the Canucks. HIs locker gets cleaned out this summer and reassigned to Gaunce.

His salary puts him on the second line of 20 teams. He would be putting up second line points if he was played there, and for short periods could relieve up with the twins. Willie though has decided it is better for the team to play Burrows down the line up and use him as a penalty killer. Willie  is most likely right to do that, otherwise one of the young folk has to eat hard pk time.

• Upvote 1

Gah some of you are so unintelligent.  You can't count D-men as forward scoring depth, how dumb can you get.  So that makes Burrows 7th, just a few points short of 6th.   And if you can do the math.....oooops yea let me do it for you.  That is almost top two lines material.

Now if you could extrapolate how many of his minutes are lost due to being on the ice and killing penalties.  Well dosh garn he would probably be firmly in second line territory.

Can we close this thread until the start of next season?  Some of the responses just need to be thought on a little longer before posting.

• Like 1