The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

18 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Is it because he was Debs' fav that this thread has not been locked yet?

I can't wait for the same 6 posters that hate JB to rip on him because Dahlen doesn't make the nhl for 3 or 4 years.

FYI he had a lot more fans than Deb. Just read through this thread.

I say leave the thread up until the end of the season out of respect and also that it will take that long to just get used to the idea of the Canucks without Burrows.

I always wanted someone to ask him if he had ever seen this thread and if not show it to him, explaining when it started etc., and ask what he thought. Maybe someone has.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, kilgore said:

FYI he had a lot more fans than Deb. Just read through this thread.

I say leave the thread up until the end of the season out of respect and also that it will take that long to just get used to the idea of the Canucks without Burrows.

I always wanted someone to ask him if he had ever seen this thread and if not show it to him, explaining when it started etc., and ask what he thought. Maybe someone has.

I have read the thread, was just making some light hearted fun. There will be moist eyes (me included) when he next takes the ice here.

Eventually the thread should be closed tho. Is there a Canucks alumni thread?

35 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I have read the thread, was just making some light hearted fun. There will be moist eyes (me included) when he next takes the ice here.

Eventually the thread should be closed tho. Is there a Canucks alumni thread?

Fair enough. cheers.

Alumni thread, or sub-forum it could be moved to, could be a good idea.

Watching the Canucks from now on without Burrows to watch too, will almost, almost be like coming on to CDC and not having this thread going on here.

:(

Time to delete this thread absolutely.  The title is irrelevant with the trade.  He was totally committed to his team mates and the club.  Through good and bad times.  Had he played on any Cup winner during his career those that get to hoist it before the the tv lights on the ice would say with no doubt it's guys like Burrows why we won. Dedication.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Time to delete this thread absolutely.  The title is irrelevant with the trade.  He was totally committed to his team mates and the club.  Through good and bad times.  Had he played on any Cup winner during his career those that get to hoist it before the the tv lights on the ice would say with no doubt it's guys like Burrows why we won. Dedication.

It's kind of nice to have the nostalgia though...

say what you want but Burr was the heart and soul of this team for nearly a decade. 

Edit; the Sedins were the hands

and Kesler was the ass...

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 2

On 2017-03-08 at 6:17 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

I can't wait for the same 6 posters that hate JB to rip on him because Dahlen doesn't make the nhl for 3 or 4 years.

I will never understand the urgency posters feel on this Canucks board to shut down Canucks discussion.  I've really never seen another board where people swarm on new threads so consistently in an effort to have them locked.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I will never understand the urgency posters feel on this Canucks board to shut down Canucks discussion.  I've really never seen another board where people swarm on new threads so consistently in an effort to have them locked.

In hindsight I was probably rather terse and was actually trying to be  funny. It wasn't meant as anti Canucks fan.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

In hindsight I was probably rather terse and was actually trying to be  funny. It wasn't meant as anti Canucks fan.

No, I didn't really mean you specifically.  It's just something I notice around here.  And like you, I've come to be surprised when something that could be locked isn't immediately locked.

There are plenty of completely redundant threads started that add nothing, but there have also been many threads about smaller points or observations that could have made for interesting discussion but were nipped in the bud and merged into larger threads where that smaller observation disappeared into the melting pot.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Upvote 1

On 2017-03-08 at 6:17 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

Yes

• Upvote 4

On 08/03/2017 at 6:17 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

+1 for the second sentence.  The first one was funny too though.  I don't know how it caused so much sand in some people's intimate parts.

• Upvote 1

In Van he'll be knighted, forever dubbed 'Sir'

Yet arrived in the day, causing a stir

All gave him no chance

Snuck into the big dance

So MacLean smears him..the incorrigible cur

Accused of cheap play, & frequent slur

Still give us a kick-start, led on by his spur

Would Never back down

Was talk-of-the-town

Snipe a key goal, & the engine would purr

T'was a decade-plus, we had the pleasure

He'd soar lika'hawk, in skies-azure

They'd not make him frown

He'll stay in renown

True man & Canuck, the one we call Burr!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
spellin
  • Upvote 3

1st star of the game...I've experienced buyer's remorse...I think I am feeling trade deadline day seller's remorse.  

Couldn't be happier for Burr tho.  He deserves alot more credit then he was getting around these parts these last couple of seasons.

• Upvote 4