The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I'm starting to think all the Alex Burrows band wagoners are getting out of control.

Nobody can say A.Burrows has had a poor season but lets get real here you guys.

This is probably a prime example of a flukey season and I know for a fact A.Burrows

will not be able to keep this pace going into next year and the years after.

I like A.Burrows work ethic but thats just about it. Now that he's on the 1st line, he's started

to lax off by not playing the gritty style that made him an asset to the canucks.

I'm gonna be blunt and it might hurt some of your feelings but its the truth Burrows is a one trick pony.

If you've looked most of his goals 90% of them are garbage goals reminiscent of A.Carter

Once Burrows begins to struggle you'll all start to turn on him but don't tell me I didn't tell you so

And A.Burrows is not a $2 million dollar player 1.2.-1.3 MAX.

Hahahaha....

EVERYBODY.... this is Clutch's other account. And if its not then we should have both their names in the Hall of Shame!

You know what make Burrows a great player? He brings his game every night... if he can't score he'll hit, he'll agitate, he'll kill penalties, he'll do something. There are SOME players that score 30-40 goals but if they have an off game then that's it for them. And those guys get paid 6-7million/year?!!! Burrows gets <500K (increased to 2M)/year to do everything he does and you slag him like that??? Seriously, you did think about things before you posted right Clutch?

are u retarded?? seriously u must b the stupidest person thats ever posted on this site...kesler carrying him???he hasnt even been on the same line as kes for months...he cant score?? he's got his 21'st goal this season which is pretty damn good for someone whos only in the nhl because he's "great on the pk" and "has grit"

get of this site retard

Easy man. This thread was started last October. I'm not defending Clutch at all but if you are trying to flame him then get the facts straight.

I haven't seen this Clutch guy for awhile now.. Did he like off himself from all the flaming he got :lol:

Nope he made a new account last December (after he was flamed by everyone because of this thread) and the new account name is... bradfordchow. hahaha

By the way bradfordchow, would you have been happy to get a guy for <500K/year and for him to get 7 goals and 10 assists/ year?

Think about it 7 goals and 10 assists/ year with leading (or being part) of the PK unit for only <500K/year??? That's what Burrows was averaging the past three years.

This year he has 21 goals (1 goal short of his total the past three years), great penalty killer, and really a good fit in the 1st line (I'm not saying that he is a first liner that needs to get paid 6-7 million a year but he is a definitely good fit with the Sedins), plays with his heart on his sleeve every night and you wouldn't want to pay him 2mill/year??? yeeeesh tough crowd

your a fool. burrows is a huge asset to this team and even at his new salary an awsome deal. For one thing his work ethic and passion is incredible. He plays hard and whenever hes out and I always see battling like crazy, and coming back to the bench with his face red. He dosnt give up on plays, wins battles, is physical and strong on the puck, hes fast, hes an excellent passer and has a great shot. Some of the plays ive seen him make with the sedins lately have been incredible. He seems to find the open ice well and has great patience. Many of his goals are from second efforts, and he is an excellent forechecker. He always seems to be bearing down on the net and getting chances these days. Then of course there IS the fact that he a great checker and hes good on the pk. Krog, davison? Are you joking? Im a big fan of burrows and i feel he is one of the teams best players. Hopfully he will continue to be an asset to the canucks organization for many years to come.

Maybe if he goes on a slump, this thread wil disappear.

No, that's the beauty! If he goes in a slump, the OP can climb back out and tell all who support Burrows they are idiots. If he stays playing well, then the thread has momentum in that direction.

This is a thread for the HOF! :lol: