The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 16/11/2017 at 11:38 PM, jmahyoung said:

I wonder if we can acquire Burrows after his contract ends? Either as a player or an assistant coach, or something.

There is a good possibility that if he were to consider retiring that we would sign him for a one day contract so he could retire as a Canuck. Only way this doesn't happen, imo, is if he wins a cup in Ottawa. Beyond that, I would hope he would want to work with the Canucks in some capacity.

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

There is a good possibility that if he were to consider retiring that we would sign him for a one day contract so he could retire as a Canuck. Only way this doesn't happen, imo, is if he wins a cup in Ottawa. Beyond that, I would hope he would want to work with the Canucks in some capacity.

Is his home here or Quebec?  Maybe as a scout for the QHL?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is his home here or Quebec?  Maybe as a scout for the QHL?

Not sure where he resides, but if he prefers to be out East, then a scout or work with Utica. He would be an excellent role model and example for the up and coming players.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Not sure where he resides, but if he prefers to be out East, then a scout or work with Utica. He would be an excellent role model and example for the up and coming players.

Burr lives in Quebec.  He has stated that he would like to be a GM at some point, so it doesn't look like he'll go in the coaching direction.  Maybe scouting to start with.

He's a bright guy and we all know that when Burr wants something, he has the drive to go out and get it.

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Burr lives in Quebec.  He has stated that he would like to be a GM at some point, so it doesn't look like he'll go in the coaching direction.  Maybe scouting to start with.

He's a bright guy and we all know that when Burr wants something, he has the drive to go out and get it.

A scout would be good experience if he would like to be a GM some day, but also player development and working in the management group with Utica could also help accelerate that process. Although I'm sure the Manitoba Moose would be willing to help him get that start too. A lot of doors will be open for him when he decides to retire as a player.

• Cheers 1

On 2011-04-26 at 11:11 PM, Toni Zamboni said:

I love the irony of this thread,...a guy name Clutch starts the most epic thread of cdc history about our most clutch player who scores 2 of the biggest goals in canucks history.....the storyline that keeps on giving...this IS our year!!

believe in burrows!!!

Alright, I had to go back to page 255 too.  Awesome.

And this post by Toni Z back then says it all about this thread.  Only thing missing is that we were robbed of our own SC that year.

• Cheers 1