The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 1/6/2018 at 3:18 AM, J-23 said:

Lol, didn't even realize that all the negs on past posts were taken away.

#Bringbacktheneg

Imagine yourself going to your favorite website every day and your "reputation" is -500. This thread was around that mark if I remember correctly.

Now imagine how hard it might be for you to be a happy person. A productive person. A contributing person.

Digital "tough love" has direct physical effects on real people.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎20 at 6:26 PM, Me_ said:

Imagine yourself going to your favorite website every day and your "reputation" is -500. This thread was around that mark if I remember correctly.

Now imagine how hard it might be for you to be a happy person. A productive person. A contributing person.

Digital "tough love" has direct physical effects on real people.

that's a fair point, I think they should add a disagree option at least, it doesn't have to lower your overall reputation, it would just be useful I feel.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/22/2018 at 10:33 AM, Roberts said:

that's a fair point, I think they should add a disagree option at least, it doesn't have to lower your overall reputation, it would just be useful I feel.

You can simply disagree by quoting them and stating why you disagree.

• Upvote 1

Is this thread only pinned now to get it to 500 pages? If so, it feels like when Henrik Sedin was keeping his consecutive games played streak going by playing one shift games while injured.

Burrows has been gone a long time now. We have exciting new players to focus on. Time to unpin this thing and let it die. Even Burrows would agree.

37 minutes ago, Snake Doctor said:

How is Burr doing this year in Ottawa

Terrible.  He's been healthy scratched and has 3 goals and 7 points in 47 games.  I don't think the fans are terribly pleased with the trade this year.

Hansen has been even worse in San Jose (0 goals, 4 points, healthy scratch for half the season).

Edited by Kevin Biestra

On 2018-02-01 at 2:41 AM, Kevin Biestra said:

Terrible.  He's been healthy scratched and has 3 goals and 7 points in 47 games.  I don't think the fans are terribly pleased with the trade this year.

Hansen has been even worse in San Jose (0 goals, 4 points, healthy scratch for half the season).

It’s because their hearts are with the Canucks.

It is when the trades are reverse-engineered that one appreciates them.

Great spirits these two players. I’m glad Benning recognized their decline on time; something Gillis wasn’t too great at.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

BRING BACK THE MINUS!

We had a guy just like Burrows, I really liked Burrows, I thought they lost heart when he was moved, I hope they bring him back in some capacity.

Oh the guy just like Burrows, Archibald. Let go for nothing, big, hits, fights AHL allstar and development team leading scorer. Cheap. one year older than Baerstchi.

Still this post should be unpinned.

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-01-31 at 11:41 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

That's too bad. Such a shame. I guess the wear and tear on his body is catching up to him the way he played the game. A far cry from when he first joined the Sens, and many of the fans that were initially unhappy with the trade were pleasantly surprised, even as Vancouver Canucks fans were on their board assuring Sen fans that he was a fantastic addition and we would miss him greatly.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-extra/alex-burrows-leading-the-way-in-senators-recent-surge

It has been a devil of a run since Burrows joined the Senators from the Vancouver Canucks in a trade for prospect Jonathan Dahlen. Sixes are wild: six games; six wins; six points for Burrows, including four goals.

Senators general manager Pierre Dorion had a sixth sense that Burrows could make the team better, but the instant success was surely beyond his wildest dreams.

Now I'm sure many Sen fans will not be pleased if Dahlen turns into a blue chipper.

26 minutes ago, kilgore said:

That's too bad. Such a shame. I guess the wear and tear on his body is catching up to him the way he played the game. A far cry from when he first joined the Sens, and many of the fans that were initially unhappy with the trade were pleasantly surprised, even as Vancouver Canucks fans were on their board assuring Sen fans that he was a fantastic addition and we would miss him greatly.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-extra/alex-burrows-leading-the-way-in-senators-recent-surge

It has been a devil of a run since Burrows joined the Senators from the Vancouver Canucks in a trade for prospect Jonathan Dahlen. Sixes are wild: six games; six wins; six points for Burrows, including four goals.

Senators general manager Pierre Dorion had a sixth sense that Burrows could make the team better, but the instant success was surely beyond his wildest dreams.

Now I'm sure many Sen fans will not be pleased if Dahlen turns into a blue chipper.

Yeah, he was good for the Sens at the end of last season, but it may have been the last hurrah.  If he avoids injury the rest of this year and next year, he'll just barely squeak his way to 1,000 career games.  Hope he makes it, because another contract in the NHL is far from guaranteed.