The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I am going to preempt everybody on this thread tomorrow by saying that Burrows will have another lackluster effort next game. He wont; get a goal, play well defensively, nor get under any Dallas player's skin. That bum is so predictable!

Useless! Trade him away and call up Krog or ANYBODY

I am going to preempt everybody on this thread tomorrow by saying that Burrows will have another lackluster effort next game. He wont; get a goal, play well defensively, nor get under any Dallas player's skin. That bum is so predictable!

well said, Nostradamus

armchair gm's from b.c. that probably never stepped on the ice make me laugh.

Ive watched and played hockey all my life and i know garbage when i see it. It just goes to show how mixed up vancouver canuck fans are when it comes to hockey. most of you should try playing the game before thinking your experts by watching it.

I am not in B.C. and have played all my life too and can say with confidence that Burrows is not "garbage". Are you sure it was hockey you are thinking about and not another sport? If hockey, where have you played as anywhere I have played would consider a player like Burrows a mainstay of the team.

I know hindsight is always 20/20...but it amazes me that ANYONE who's watched more than 15 minutes of hockey could fail to see what Burrows would bring to the table, even if he had remained around the level he had shown previously...10 to 12 goals 20 or so points.....all the guy does is work hard, play with intensity and passion, show a genuine love for competition, kill penalties, protect a lead late in the game, skate like the wind....be a good team guy...

Even if he did take an occasional bad penalty, everything else he brought to the table easily outweighted that....and now that he's found an actual scorers touch, well so much the better....

some people's children I guess :rolleyes:

I know hindsight is always 20/20...but it amazes me that ANYONE who's watched more than 15 minutes of hockey could fail to see what Burrows would bring to the table, even if he had remained around the level he had shown previously...10 to 12 goals 20 or so points.....all the guy does is work hard, play with intensity and passion, show a genuine love for competition, kill penalties, protect a lead late in the game, skate like the wind....be a good team guy...

Even if he did take an occasional bad penalty, everything else he brought to the table easily outweighted that....and now that he's found an actual scorers touch, well so much the better....

some people's children I guess :rolleyes:

The fact that we got a 20 goal scorer (granted 1 year) making $500k then $2 mil/year long term... Hell Shawn Horcoff has two 20 goal seasons and he's making $7 mil next year.

Probably been posted before but this is a really good story on Burrows the ball hockey legend.

A few of the great quotes - from before this season -

In addition to his dominance at the national level with Montreal, he excelled in international competition with Team Canada. In 2005, Burrows was named the International Player of the Year – awarded to the best player in the world by the ISBHF, which is the world governing body of the sport.

"He is only starting now to show the great hands and vision he has and I think this is the part of his game that Canucks fans will begin to see as he gains more confidence,” said Gortsos. “As a ball hockey player, these moves and vision made him a dangerous player. Combine that with his internal fire to play hockey and you have a wonderful ball hockey player with exquisite hands. A power play wizard, along with my first choice to kill penalties.”

“Alex is in the group of two to three of the best forwards to ever play the game,” said Gortsos. “He’s one of the greatest players in ball hockey history, pure and simple.”
Edited by Mapp

Probably been posted before but this is a really good story on Burrows the ball hockey legend.

A few of the great quotes - from before this season -

If it was ever posted before, I didn't see it. Interesting article and it seems a lot of prophetic stuff in there in terms of his emergence as a guy who can find the twine at the NHL level.