The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I think Burrows has worked for his spot. I dont think it was given to him. I think he works exeptionally hard night in and night out. I dont see why we wouldnt want him.. he is a god player. Granted he makes some stupid mistakes, more often then most players.. I still love him, and wouldnt want someone else there.

Burr is the greatest. Pure heart and soul player. Where do you think the Canucks would be if MG had followed through on his threat to trade Burr at the trade deadline in 08-09?. Nobody ever talks about that, but I think it was one of the worst moves MG has made, trying to bully Burr into a 4 year deal for only 2mill per year. What if Burr had said that is too low, it is basically insulting and then gone to another team. I am quite sure that losing Burr especially at that point when he was just exploding with the twins would have had terrible consequences on the dressing room. Burr is a glue guy and is part of the main core. I think MG should have paid the only 500,000 per year extra that Burr was asking for instead of risking losing a player like him who cannot be replaced. He is one of a kind. Pretty much 100% of the people in the NHL world realize that he is bieng way under paid. They also realize that even if he doesn't play with the Twins he is one of the best top six forwards in the league, just ask MG or AV about his hockey sense or skill not to mention a unparelled work ethic.I just hope he repays Burrs loyalty by keeping him a Canuck for the rest of his Career, like Burr wants. I am sure Burr would not be greedy and if MG offered him a fair contract extension once this one was up, Burr would take it. He has allready given MG a contract for peanuts that takes him through his prime years. It is the least MG can do for a player who has been so loyal, and actually kept his word about taking less money.(unlike some other players)