The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Yes because he is the player that alot of fans want to see do well probably more than anyone else, because of what he has gone through to get to where he is now.and because he is a working class type Hero.

He is a guy who you just can't help but cheer for, if you are a Canucks fan and if you know what a truly good person he is.

Lol, how does what you said have any bearing on what I said?

Somehow me wondering why a 2 year old thread that has already been proven wrong gets bumped 20+ times a year somehow translates to me not being a Canucks fan...

Jesus, people are touchy on here.

Lol, how does what you said have any bearing on what I said?

Somehow me wondering why a 2 year old thread that has already been proven wrong gets bumped 20+ times a year somehow translates to me not being a Canucks fan...

Jesus, people are touchy on here.

I think it's just the longest running joke on CDC, and whenever you want a quick (and cheap) laugh at someone's expense, there's this thread :lol:

<br />Lol, how does what you said have any bearing on what I said?<br /><br />Somehow me wondering why a 2 year old thread that has already been proven wrong gets bumped 20+ times a year somehow translates to me not being a Canucks fan...<br /><br />Jesus, people are touchy on here.<br />
Relax. It's just a tradition (bumping the thread) that was started by fans of Burr and is not a big deal. It is probably the most famous thread on CDC and people like to check in from time to time. So it can be bumped for many different reasons.

<br />I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum &quot;He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. &quot;He plays with grit&quot; is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever.  let er rip.

-770?? new record? :o

Had to expect we'd see a bump tonight.

While Burr has had some serious cold spells this year and isn't producing in the post season, I can't really blame him when the twins are playing like ghosts. Doesn't seem fair to expect Burrows to spark that line when he's already being asked to play so many PK minutes and the Sedins just aren't playing very well.

It would be great to see Burrows step-up and ignite the top line but I think he's going to need some cooperation from Hank and Danny. The twins need to find their pride and show-up bigtime next game.

Had to expect we'd see a bump tonight.

While Burr has had some serious cold spells this year and isn't producing in the post season, I can't really blame him when the twins are playing like ghosts. Doesn't seem fair to expect Burrows to spark that line when he's already being asked to play so many PK minutes and the Sedins just aren't playing very well.

It would be great to see Burrows step-up and ignite the top line but I think he's going to need some cooperation from Hank and Danny. The twins need to find their pride and show-up bigtime next game.

Agreed, hard to play well when your linemates have been stinking up the joint the past 2 games. You can still do it Burr - you're a hero! towel.gif

GO CANUCKS GO!!

although the sedins have been bad its not soley on them ^ burr has been a blackhole every time hes touched the puck its either a turnover or hes easily checked

the guy simply doesnt have the next level for the playoffs if we somehow survive chicago then maybe he will breakthrough vs a weaker team but mannys eye injury already spelled the fate for the canucks depth.