The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Actually, everytime we make it about the OP (in a way that's too inflammatory/offensive), I get worried that they WILL shut it down. I think as long as we keep Burr as the focus/topic, we're ok - it's become an "Alex Burrows" tribute thread of sorts. And there's always room for that. ;)

If they ever did lock it, this place just wouldn't be the same...it's got a life of its own and is really quite a testament to what Burr means to this city.

I wonder why Clutch doesn't simply come on here and say "I screwed up" and have a good laugh with everyone about it. I think 99% of the poking at him has been good natured and makes a global good point about this site that too many post things without really thinking them through (I mean in a hockey sense). Having this thread stand will (hopefully) make some think harder in future. If Clutch was to come back to say "I was messing with you" or "I messed up" or any variety of responses, all would be good too......

Anyway, I think this thread is golden and the reason I brought it back to life in the first place those few months back.

I wonder why Clutch doesn't simply come on here and say "I screwed up" and have a good laugh with everyone about it. I think 99% of the poking at him has been good natured and makes a global good point about this site that too many post things without really thinking them through (I mean in a hockey sense). Having this thread stand will (hopefully) make some think harder in future. If Clutch was to come back to say "I was messing with you" or "I messed up" or any variety of responses, all would be good too......

Anyway, I think this thread is golden and the reason I brought it back to life in the first place those few months back.

Because if you look at all his posts he's the most negative guy on here...he's got a hate-on for Burrows (did he do something with your ex Clutch?) Every one of his posts he whines or bitches or complains about something...not his style to come back and apologize or say he was wrong...he's the type of guy who probably still think Burrows should be in Manitoba because he can't admit he's wrong...

Oh well...this board has turned him into the laughing stock of Canuck land...looks good on ya Clutch...now go take some happy pills.

yeah i can't wait till the give him a huge contract and he turns out to be a dud.

Enough about Burrows he's garbage....how bout we send him back to manitoba where he belongs.

all you burrow lovers love his pk, but that could be replaced by Krog in a heartbeat plus with Krog you get scoring and one hell of a face-off machine

i'd be happy trading him for picks any day

You guys are nuts. Burrows has hands of stone and turtles like a pu$y when he gets into a scrap. All you armchair gm's should go out and play the game. I'ds rather have old Mike Keane from the moose than Burrows flailing around the ice. If the instigator rule wasn't in place guys like this would be useless.

You guys are nuts Burrows is a liability. evrytime he's on the ice we are at risk of getting scored on. I'd rather see anyone playing but him.

drevil.jpg

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

please tell me this is a joke :( . Burrows has been playing unbeleivable this year. You must be watching a different hockey team. This thread really sucks, noone agrees with you.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

Krog pettinger or brown.....lol

Canucks Fans Unite!

I have a feeling that if we make it to the conference finals, this thread is going to be popping up a lot (Burrows will almost definitely be part of any series we win).

And look at the PK... 96% against the Blues. Admittedly it can't all be attributed to Burrows, but anyone who play big PK time should get a pat on the back.

this thread seems to have brought everyone in CDC together. sure, everyone rips on each other from time to time when responding to diff posts, however, we're all here to have a good time. this thread is a prime example that everyone's just messin' around. we're all still friends.

clutch, your post inadvertently made the CDC community stronger. good on you, for bringing us all together. we still love you.

give him a break guys, we are all canucks

edit: this thread is the reason i started to reply more on the message board. everyone has so much fun...... good times!

Edited by NumbNucks

this thread seems to have brought everyone in CDC together. sure, everyone rips on each other from time to time when responding to diff posts, however, we're all here to have a good time. this thread is a prime example that everyone's just messin' around. we're all still friends.

clutch, your post inadvertently made the CDC community stronger. good on you, for bringing us all together. we still love you.

give him a break guys, we are all canucks

edit: this thread is the reason i started to reply more on the message board. everyone has so much fun...... good times!

True that. GO CANUCKS GO! :D

Burrows has been invisible for almost a week.....done nothing in a game situation. Pathetic.

Lol, that's so true, it's almost like the whole team has been missing for a whole week, what a bunch of bums. :P

Burrows has been invisible for almost a week.....done nothing in a game situation. Pathetic.

No kidding.

He should at least be scrapping with his teammates like Kes and Juice. Hopefully he's at least been asking around the dressing room as to how everyone's sister is.