The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

(keeping it alive)

great, now ive gotta add substance...

FUN FACT: burrows scored a hattrick in his rookie year (if im not mistaken)

They called it a "Fake-trick" because he actually got credit for a tip-in I think

I seriously hope he puts up great numbers next season or else the OP will get to gloat all season long

Jesus, did you even watch Burrows play last season? He was pretty bloody amazing game in and game out. The OP's opinion is pretty damn funny at this point.

I cant say enough good stuff about burrows, at first, i figured, hey, he's better then cooke, and thats all were asking him to do is pretty much fill those shoes.

Skip forward a few years, and he's one of our most clutch players, playing the on first friggin line with the Sedin's, and by far one of our most reliable players.

At this rate i hope he retires a Canuck, i got nothing bad to say about the guy.

• 2 weeks later...

without burrows, we probably wouldnt have made the playoffs. but still, its not just about making the playoffs its about winning the cup. On any contender, burrows would be 3rd line checker. He is great in that role, but u cant expect him to repeat what he did offensively.

I wanna see kesler with the sedins, and maybe get burrows to energize demitra. The type of player burrows is, he can give u a good short term jolt, but long term, i dont think he lasts on a top line.

without burrows, we probably wouldnt have made the playoffs. but still, its not just about making the playoffs its about winning the cup. On any contender, burrows would be 3rd line checker. He is great in that role, but u cant expect him to repeat what he did offensively.

I wanna see kesler with the sedins, and maybe get burrows to energize demitra. The type of player burrows is, he can give u a good short term jolt, but long term, i dont think he lasts on a top line.

Ryan Johnson is that you? I bet you're just jealous of Burrows and want to be on the 1st line :lol: