The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I love Burrows and Kesler, and I think they are the heart and soul of this team.

But do they still need to agitate? I could understand why they did it before when they were doing everything they can to stay in the lineup, but do they have to do it now? I think it really deminishes the respect of the Canucks.

In short, they are both very good hockey players. They don't need to agitate. (Kind of like Avery... He's a great hockey player, he doesn't need to do those antics)

I love Burrows and Kesler, and I think they are the heart and soul of this team.

But do they still need to agitate? I could understand why they did it before when they were doing everything they can to stay in the lineup, but do they have to do it now? I think it really deminishes the respect of the Canucks.

In short, they are both very good hockey players. They don't need to agitate. (Kind of like Avery... He's a great hockey player, he doesn't need to do those antics)

Sorry... Avery is good, not GREAT!

Ovechkin is great.

I think the boys do it effectively SOMETIMES!!!!!!!

Others, it does become pointless. If you can get Gaborik off his game the way Kesler used to during Wild/Nucks games 2 seasons ago, that is what we want. It keeps the opposition distracted.

As for burrows... I PM'd the OP.

He stood by what he said... I don't know WHY he did, cuz he was dead wrong. That is why this thread is still up here.

Burrows was one of our top players. He was what??? Our 3rd highest scorer? ( I could look it up but I'm not going to)

Sorry... Avery is good, not GREAT!

Ovechkin is great.

I think the boys do it effectively SOMETIMES!!!!!!!

Others, it does become pointless. If you can get Gaborik off his game the way Kesler used to during Wild/Nucks games 2 seasons ago, that is what we want. It keeps the opposition distracted.

As for burrows... I PM'd the OP.

He stood by what he said... I don't know WHY he did, cuz he was dead wrong. That is why this thread is still up here.

Burrows was one of our top players. He was what??? Our 3rd highest scorer? ( I could look it up but I'm not going to)

I agree that it can get opponents off their game, but at the same time, couldn't agitating fire up the opposing team? In the end, I think its a wash. However, in the end, all that is lost is the respect of the organization.

Burrows and Kesler are great guys and they are great hockey players. Burrows even signed my hat at best buy once. They don't need to agitate.

I would have a much greater desire to beat a team that is trash talking rather than a team I respect.

Edited by mangopie1015

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You obviously know nothing about hockey...

I had some clever joke about Burrows being like Crosby since this thread is 87 pages and all those people with their "alex scored 28 goals for luc".....but then i changed my mind.

Say it, and I promise you won't become the anti-Christ