The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Even if I agreed with the OP's position, he is 50k above minimum wage in the NHL. He is cheaper then Cowan, Hansen or Krog. 30 pts, 150+PIM and he has the uncanny ability to give the entire team energy with a good shift. PK is a big part of his game, but we're fine there, I grant you that. But the rest of his game, in such high levels, simply aren't common enough in the NHL to send Burrows packing. He is worth 5 times what he makes, and if he picks up his game, he's worth more then Avery or Carcillo.

I don't post often but jeez... this is ridiculous.

Burrows certainly earned his salary last year, one of the few Canucks that did. If every Canuck was as dedicated as Burrows, we'd have a hell of a team. The kid keeps improving every year, and he's earned his spot on the roster.

You know, its threads like this that make me wonder the knowledge of not just people on CDC, but Canucks fans in general. If you cant see what a player like Bur brings to the team, you are a knob, whats next, do goalies really need pads?

Even if I agreed with the OP's position, he is 50k above minimum wage in the NHL. He is cheaper then Cowan, Hansen or Krog. 30 pts, 150+PIM and he has the uncanny ability to give the entire team energy with a good shift. PK is a big part of his game, but we're fine there, I grant you that. But the rest of his game, in such high levels, simply aren't common enough in the NHL to send Burrows packing. He is worth 5 times what he makes, and if he picks up his game, he's worth more then Avery or Carcillo.

Are you his agent or his mommy?

Does the OP not remember how Burrows and Kesler carried the team - and became the team's top scoring line - when the Sedins disappeared down the stretch. Burrows and Henrik Sedin had as many points after the all-star break. If Burrows scores at that pace for a whole season he will break 20 goals this season easily. Jeez, the OP's name is Clutch and Burrows is the clutch-iest guy left on the team, but even if he didn't score he would still be worth the money.

Doug Lidster --> Stanley Cup lol

Cam Neeley errrr

Jovanovski - Coyotes, career high 51 points w/ the Yotes.

Cooke - traded to Washington ends up helping them to the playoffs Ovechkin. Traded to the Pens to play with a bona fide Stanley Cup contender and Sidney Crosby.

..... anyway, try not to take a joke so freaking seriously.

One that stands out is Martin Gelinas.

AlMo's career had nice twists after he left here......