The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 7/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, Crimson-JH said:

Farewell Burr, I still have one of his game jersey... I need to find a way to get it signed... 

I’m going to miss him just as much as the Sedins.. :( 

2BF87996-1A72-4925-8F27-BF6DBF23A8DD.jpeg

E9834C68-0F52-4A04-840E-6CCA6BAFC62C.jpeg

Hey that's the jersey I sold you on Reddit! I was like that look very familiar down to the thread on the 100 patch!

Edited by Vapourstreak
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-07-06 at 7:09 PM, AllWeatherFan said:

I for one would love to see him as some kind of an assistant this coming year for the Canucks. 

Cant think of anyone I'd rather have the new prospects see and learn from on a daily basis. Talk about grit, heart, soul, winning. 

Montreal might have something to say about that lol 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I was at this game/interview....still one of my favourites!

Burr looks like Tom Cruise in Top Gun there. The way he speaks... incredibly classy. Love having Crow there too. At first I thought he was the coach at the time... didn't make sense.

Loved Burr doing his Crow impression lol!

Kept repeating I'm just gonna work hard, etc etc and the contract will work out itself. I like Vancouver etc etc... class act.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Now after the announcement of his retirements quite a lot of people on other websites still call Burrows a dirty pest that is not any better than Brat Marchand. How wrong they are!

I wouldn't say they are wrong. This market often wore rose coloured glasses when it came to Burrows' antics at various points of his career. It's easy to look the other way when your team benefits. Still he had a really good run here and I wish him all the best post hockey.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I wouldn't say they are wrong. This market often wore rose coloured glasses when it came to Burrows' antics at various points of his career. It's easy to look the other way when your team benefits. Still he had a really good run here and I wish him all the best post hockey.

He had his questionable moments, especially when he was younger and trying to do anything to stay in the league, but some of his antics were blown way out of proportion (thinking of the Bruins series), he has clearly grown up accepting responsibility for the mistakes he made (thinking of the O'Sullivan comments) and his fine and suspension history is nothing compared to Marchand, or former Canucks pests Cooke or Torres. Unlike these guys he also was willing to drop the gloves and stand up for himself. I also believe his Hall-kneeing was a late reaction to Hall's vicious hit on Larsen (okay, the rose coloured glasses may apply here...).

Watching some of the videos above, his interviews, his demeanor off the ice, hearing what his coaches or teammates have said about him, considering his loyalty, his work ethic, his willingsness to learn and to improve, his humbleness and selflessness, I cannot but see a really decent and likeable guy that might have played dirty (as was his role) but is now a responsible and honourable man. Something that many other players that he is compared to still have to grow into.

Gosh, sounds a bit dramatic - but he deserves it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, joe-max said:

Now after the announcement of his retirements quite a lot of people on other websites still call Burrows a dirty pest that is not any better than Brat Marchand. How wrong they are!

Those people are drunk.

• Upvote 2

On 09/07/2018 at 12:51 PM, chon derry said:

I loved this almost as much as the dragon slaying goal , I know its probably in the thread already  but that's ok. 

Oh wow I forgot about this one. <3 love u Burr 

• Like 1