Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, 6YPE said:

Finally unpinned, thank you... 

I'm pretty sure it has been unpinned for quite some time now no?  Thanks for bumping it though! Contributions from good folks such as yourself will keep this beautiful thread alive and well!

• Upvote 2

We still need you Burrows. Or at least a player who plays like you did.

Can't wait until he returns to the team as an assistant coach!

I was perusing the AHL website and noticed that Laval plays Utica on February 13th. 

The season series is 3-2 for Utica so far with 3 games left to play. 

I wonder how Burrows feels about playing the Canucks farm team and seeing those familiar colours

I sure miss *this* move! I'd love to see some of our younger guys try it. Watch a bit of video, execute, and learn how to sell it. 

The best part is, sometimes he faked the fake and just went forehand. Nothing fancy, just 2 well practiced moves.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Last night, at a season ticket member-only event held at Rogers Arena, Burrows was on stage with the Sedins. He was introduced by the play-by-play voice of the Canucks, John Shorthouse, and was met with a standing ovation. Burrows is in Vancouver for the draft, as a coach for the Montreal Canadiens’ affiliate, the Laval Rocket, but something tells me there’s something more brewing here. Burrows was instrumental in the Canucks’ Stanley Cup run in 2011, scoring key overtime goals against the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins, tallying nine goals total in those playoffs.

Woohoo! Good to see him back in town. 

I guess we do need him...in the Ring of Honour that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great decision by the powers that be, and a welcome edition to the RoH. It'll be a special night. Congrats to Burr and his fam.

• Like 2

Canuck fans can never thank Alex Burrows enough for his thrilling games and what he did off the ice in the community. The ROH is a deserved start. That ceremony will be a tear jerker for sure. Very rare player who never quit and made his team mates better. 

• Hydration 1

Where's clutch now?  Is he still here under another handle?

Even he(?) must be astonished that when he started this thread, Burrows was still a third line shut down grinder trying to simply keep that job. 

And even though the vast majority of CDCers disagreed with clutch about his value and what they saw on the ice, how hard he worked even back them, willing to do whatever the coach asked of him etc...who would have guessed that he'd go from where he was at the beginning of the thread to the end(?) with now Alex headed to the Ring of Honour!

Quite the turn of the thread.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

I remember watching a practice in Dallas years ago. Burr was the first on the ice and the last off.  For most of the practice he worked doing one-on-one skills with the goalie. I was highly impressed at his work ethic.

Edited by jmfaminoff
  • Upvote 1

Just Three Simple Words!!! RING OF HONOR!!! RING OF HONOR BURR!! What a magnificent SOB he was..

Also, great thread, never delete this thread!

• Like 1