The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I'm aware that many people are going to scorch me for this, but I fail to see why nobody questions his ability to play in the NHL. All of the games I watch with him in the lineup, I find myself screaming at my television because of the unintelligent things the gentleman does. Personally, I'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than Pettersson.

Everyone's #1 reason that they enjoy this player, from what I've surmised based on reading this forum, is that "He's great on the PP." Who cares? Anyone can do this that's fighting for a spot. He can't score and I'm tired of Boeser carrying this guy on his back, night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere. Seriously, this guy falls down a hundred times a night, does he not possess the ability to skate, it's ridiculous, stupid penalties it's endless. "He is going to be one of the top forwards in the league this year" is another common description that is proposed when his name comes up.

That is okay, sure he scores insane goals and has even sicker set-ups, and sneaks past defenseman making them look foolish, and was the rookie of the year, but he fails to really be able to finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMHO he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Benning, let this guy go, keep Hutton or Eriksson or Goldobin whoever. You may commence with the letting er rip.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

21 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

I'm aware that many people are going to scorch me for this, but I fail to see why nobody questions his ability to play in the NHL. All of the games I watch with him in the lineup, I find myself screaming at my television because of the unintelligent things the gentleman does. Personally, I'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than Pettersson.

Everyone's #1 reason that they enjoy this player, from what I've surmised based on reading this forum, is that "He's great on the PP." Who cares? Anyone can do this that's fighting for a spot. He can't score and I'm tired of Boeser carrying this guy on his back, night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere. Seriously, this guy falls down a hundred times a night, does he not possess the ability to skate, it's ridiculous, stupid penalties it's endless. "He is going to be one of the top forwards in the league this year" is another common description that is proposed when his name comes up.

That is okay, sure he scores insane goals and has even sicker set-ups, and sneaks past defenseman making them look foolish, and was the rookie of the year, but he fails to really be able to finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMHO he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Benning, let this guy go, keep Hutton or Eriksson or Goldobin whoever. You may commence with the letting er rip.

Oh to be young and enjoy dropping acid again...

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, BrockBoester said:

Burrows is Mr. clutch and is from the rare line of dragon slayers.

The Canaucks haven't  many other dragon slayers since the days of Greg Adams.

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Upvote 1

On 10/3/2008 at 12:34 PM, clutch said:

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

This age real quick 

Simply one of the greatest Canucks on and off the ice. 

I don't go to many games a year but I'll certainly be at that Ottawa game. Just to give him the standing O. 

Legends are never forgotten. 

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 12:09 AM, apollo said:

Simply one of the greatest Canucks on and off the ice. 

I don't go to many games a year but I'll certainly be at that Ottawa game. Just to give him the standing O. 

Legends are never forgotten. 

Whatever, another acid taker I’m guessing

On 8/17/2019 at 9:58 AM, HockeyHarry said:

Whatever, another acid taker I’m guessing

Why are you so pissy about this? Obviously others see Burrows in a different light than you do. He's not playing for us any more so what difference does it make? Just let it go and accept the fact that you're in the minority on this one.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:43 AM, HockeyHarry said:

Theres going to be a lot of Rings of Honors from the last 15yrs as Burrows is just the starting point of that era. At lest four more should be Bieksa, Kelser, Hansen and of course Edler. 

The way the Canucks new group is shaping up there will be a ton more ROH in the future.

Edler will certainly be Honored.

I'm not so sure about Bieksa, Kesler or Hansen.

Kesler would 100% be a ROH guy if he didn't leave on such bad terms and played a few more seasons in Vancouver. The Canucks reconciled with Bure. Kesler is no Bure. 

Bieksa was a home grow, tough as nails top 4 defenseman that scored the goal that put us into the finals. Huge goal, but I think he comes up short for the ROH. 

Hansen was fun to watch. Another Manitoba Moose grad. But you can't go putting all these guys up in the rafters just because you drafted, developed and had some success with them. You need to be one of the best Canucks of all time and you need to wear that jersey proud. 

Luongo is up next. Then Edler. I think they retire Luongo's number. Not sure abour Edler. The next couple years will tell. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • -SN- unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Just saw a tweet from Canuck Place, Alex and his family stopped by to make gingerbread houses with the kids there while he was in town for the ROH celly.  How can you not love the guy!  

Tried to embed the tweet but I get gibberish and we have more than enough of that on CDC already.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, skategal said:

Just saw a tweet from Canuck Place, Alex and his family stopped by to make gingerbread houses with the kids there while he was in town for the ROH celly.  How can you not love the guy!  

Tried to embed the tweet but I get gibberish and we have more than enough of that on CDC already.  

copy tweet

right click here, paste as plain text

8 minutes ago, skategal said:

Sigh...I click on the small blue arrow on the top right of the tweet, click on "embed tweet", copy the code, right click here and get gibberish.  

image.png

You are clicking the wrong of the 2 popdowns heh.

Copy link to tweet.

Then paste as text.