The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

So many great memories from Burr.  Hardest worker on the team from when he was a 4th liner, working his way up through making a great shutdown line with Hansen and Kes, to finally being the winger the Sedins needed.  Scored big goals even before the dragon slaying, saving AV's job against Carolina on a breakaway to snap a losing streak.  Of course 2011, slaying the dragon and also an OT winner against Boston.  One of the all-time great trash talkers, even researching opponents to get them off their game.  And the guy stood by his principles and exposed a corrupt official, even though he knew he'd take a ton of heat for his honesty.  I know his friend Luc is smiling down tonight with pride.

Happy that management is as grateful for his career as we are.

Edited by King Heffy

9 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

I remember my coworker giving a fake interview impression after this one, complete with accent:

"I'm not really a fan of janitorial work, but I don't mind sweeping" - #FakeBurrows

I was watching this game with my Dad.. As Steen got the pass and came up ice he goes.. "here comes the winner" 

Then Mitchell knocked the puck back the other way & I said "no here's the winner" and sure enough Burrows buried it!

Awesome memory.

We made it!:

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/if-you-re-not-a-canucks-fan-you-ll-never-understand-alex-burrows-1.24026574

“Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?”

Thus began the most legendary thread in the history of the Canucks.com forums. Fans that were on those forums when it was posted back in 2008 will be well familiar with the thread, but even if you weren’t, you might have seen references to it in the decade since it was posted.

The thread was posted after Burrows’ third season in the league, when he had 12 goals and 31 points from the third line, with just one of those points coming on the power play, so Burrows already well established as an NHL forward. Despite that, the Canucks fan who posted the thread questioned his very ability to play in the NHL, and suggested he was being carried by Ryan Kesler.

Read the rest of the article at the link if you want.

25 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I was watching this game with my Dad.. As Steen got the pass and came up ice he goes.. "here comes the winner" 

Then Mitchell knocked the puck back the other way & I said "no here's the winner" and sure enough Burrows buried it!

Awesome memory.

Yes for sure! There was at one point a photoshop of burrows celebrating that one with a broom instead of a stick, but I cant find it. Seems to be missing, much like the milk hotdog interview.