The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

11 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

I think just vintage and TS are from that Era. Maybe avalanche if he is still around. Probably on the Seattle board now 

Could easily be... 

went through a few pages and they were all names i haven't seen in ages... :)

1 hour ago, milk and honey said:

I think just vintage and TS are from that Era. Maybe avalanche if he is still around. Probably on the Seattle board now 

VC joined a few months before me in May 2010, so he was a bit after. I do think avalanche was around back then, but he's not on CDC often as far as I can tell. Deb joined some time in 2008 and you can find her posts pretty early on in the thread. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Me, Deb, Hockeyville, Stealth, a few of us still around.

Edited by JoGuitar
  • Like 2

I actually remember when this thread was created (long time lurker- i've had a few accounts over the years that I forget passwords to)... i wonder what clutch is up to these days. Can't imagine how it would feel to be him to be honest, lol. Considering this thread has gone down arguably as a piece of Canucks lore and articles are being written about it as such, I wonder if it's a story he ever tells or if he never brings it up out of shame, haha.

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Funny to see the user names on that 1st page... don't think any of them is around now... time flies... 

A few got banned, only to come back fatter, older, a touch wiser and a lot more sore every morning.

Have I mentioned my feet hurt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Yung1 said:

I actually remember when this thread was created (long time lurker- i've had a few accounts over the years that I forget passwords to)... i wonder what clutch is up to these days. Can't imagine how it would feel to be him to be honest, lol. Considering this thread has gone down arguably as a piece of Canucks lore and articles are being written about it as such, I wonder if it's a story he ever tells or if he never brings it up out of shame, haha.

he came back to this thread a few times and has always maintained his opinions in the OP.

• Cheers 1

On 2/3/2009 at 9:58 PM, debluvscanucks said:

I want Burrows wallpaper.

Not for my computer....like real, in my living room wallpaper.

My fave post of Deb's back in the early days of the thread. :towel:

I did a little browsing and the first several pages are pretty much a "who's that?" of CDC. That being said, there were some names I remember:

@hockeyville88

@PLOGUE

@Krazz

@WiLBoY

@BedBeats™2.0

@lick the envelope

....and some that are still around:

@kurtis

@Baggins

@Ghostsof1915

@D-Money

(and Deb of course)

I came in around page 13, but I think my best contribution was here: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/211587-burrows-do-we-really-need-him/page/34/ B)

• Cheers 2

• -SN- unfeatured this topic
41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My fave post of Deb's back in the early days of the thread. :towel:

I did a little browsing and the first several pages are pretty much a "who's that?" of CDC. That being said, there were some names I remember:

@hockeyville88

@PLOGUE

@Krazz

@WiLBoY

@BedBeats™2.0

@lick the envelope

....and some that are still around:

@kurtis

@Baggins

@Ghostsof1915

@D-Money

(and Deb of course)

I came in around page 13, but I think my best contribution was here: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/211587-burrows-do-we-really-need-him/page/34/ B)

Haha, went back in time for a look...instantly having a great day.  This thread is like medicine.

(Love your clutch story, Rupert)

I was so mouthy back then.   "Tell clutch I said hi".

Also, bringing up names from the past....miss my old parter in crime/good friend, Lager Hog/Captain Bob.  He defected (to the Habs).  Fitting that the word defect is in there.  At least he's still a Lions' fan.  And he loves The Hip, so he's on the nice list until we play Montreal and then I can throw coal at him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Clutch is actually Alex Burrows himself.

holy $&!# imagine that for a second.

It's akin to realizin' Harrison Ford was actually, indeed a replicant! & here he ran around with that iris tester, thinkin' he was some hotshot bladerunner!

Anyone suspect Petey might be a replicant?(only get three yrs, right?)