The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 12/6/2019 at 7:12 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

My fave post of Deb's back in the early days of the thread. :towel:

I did a little browsing and the first several pages are pretty much a "who's that?" of CDC. That being said, there were some names I remember:

@hockeyville88

@PLOGUE

@Krazz

@WiLBoY

@BedBeats™2.0

@lick the envelope

....and some that are still around:

@kurtis

@Baggins

@Ghostsof1915

@D-Money

(and Deb of course)

I came in around page 13, but I think my best contribution was here: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/211587-burrows-do-we-really-need-him/page/34/ B)

Hah.. classic. I miss lick the envelope and his obsession over trading for Kris Letang and Eric Fehr..

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 7:12 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

My fave post of Deb's back in the early days of the thread. :towel:

I did a little browsing and the first several pages are pretty much a "who's that?" of CDC. That being said, there were some names I remember:

@hockeyville88

@PLOGUE

@Krazz

@WiLBoY

@BedBeats™2.0

@lick the envelope

....and some that are still around:

@kurtis

@Baggins

@Ghostsof1915

@D-Money

(and Deb of course)

I came in around page 13, but I think my best contribution was here: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/211587-burrows-do-we-really-need-him/page/34/ B)

I had spent a great deal of time justifying Burrows being on the team the season before this thread started. Then this thread came up and I thought 'here we go again'. Well I had tickets for the boxing day game when this thread was going strong. I had fully intended to get myself a H Sedin jersey as my Xmas gift to myself at that game. When I got to the team store the first thing I see is a Burrows jersey. Needless to say, after defending Burrows being on the team for a full year, I bought the Burrows jersey instead. Little did I know Burrows would wind up playing with the Sedins in Feb and they'd become one of the best lines in the NHL. I like to believe my buying his jersey changed the Burrows tide.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I had spent a great deal of time justifying Burrows being on the team the season before this thread started. Then this thread came up and I thought 'here we go again'. Well I had tickets for the boxing day game when this thread was going strong. I had fully intended to get myself a H Sedin jersey as my Xmas gift to myself at that game. When I got to the team store the first thing I see is a Burrows jersey. Needless to say, after defending Burrows being on the team for a full year, I bought the Burrows jersey instead. Little did I know Burrows would wind up playing with the Sedins in Feb and they'd become one of the best lines in the NHL. I like to believe my buying his jersey changed the Burrows tide.

It's funny, because I remember a lot of the critics of Vigneault making the old "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" argument about his decision to put Burr with the twins...

Now, it seems like such a no-brainer, but at the time it was pretty much tantamount to Travis Green putting Schaller on a line with Petey and Bo.

On 12/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny, because I remember a lot of the critics of Vigneault making the old "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" argument about his decision to put Burr with the twins...

Now, it seems like such a no-brainer, but at the time it was pretty much tantamount to Travis Green putting Schaller on a line with Petey and Bo.

No. No it isn’t. It’s like putting Burrows with the Twins. 

A perfect complement of talent.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:26 PM, Baggins said:

So, maybe you could explain to us why you haven't bought a Lou Eriksson jersey yet? 

On 12/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, Googlie said:

Thank you for sharing that.  Nice to see Burrows getting some positive press and finally be appreciated and respected by others outside this organization.  

Ron McLean, Stephanie Auger...take note.

• -SN- unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Remember “The Burrows” thread.

We won’t forget :)

Burrows is unforgettable, the history he brought us is unforgettable, and this thread is unforgettable.

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1