Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I thought this thread deserved a bump after he got his first-ever NHL assistant coaching gig with the Canadiens.

Well said.

Gotta say I'm devastated his first job isn't in Vancouver but I know he wanted to be closer to his family so I'm all for it. Can't wait to see him behind the bench... hopefully we can focus on him instead of Wayne Gretzky Tyler Toffoli

His smile brings joy to me... although I'll probably be quick to yell against him at the TV at first sight of him chirping our boys :lol:

Round of Burr's for everyone! Long live the Dragon Slayer! Forever a Canuck <3

edit: here's a good Burr off ice moment... is it just me or is Luongo the only "Core" player that didn't really partake in stuff like this... kinda selfish guy, nothing wrong with that tho but yea... kinda speaks on his character. He's funny on Twitter though and as it stands the best goalie to play here but still... meh guy overall.

Edited by apollo

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we do. To coach our PP! 
i realize that Montreal would always be at the front of the line for Alex’s services, but dagnabit, I wish I our management had made an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Now I can see him eventually moving up to head coach there. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Yes we do. To coach our PP! 
i realize that Montreal would always be at the front of the line for Alex’s services, but dagnabit, I wish I our management had made an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Now I can see him eventually moving up to head coach there. 

Beat me to it! 

He's in our Ring of Honour. He shouldn't be allowed to coach an opponent -_-

• 1 month later...

Don't mind me passing by and celebrating Burrs slayin' the dragon, 10 years ago today. 

It's fitting that we are playing the Senators tonight, which is the only other NHL team he has worn a sweater for. 

:towel:

(... and for the record... YES, we REALLY do need him! B))

• Thanks 1

This is how pathetic our overall history of the Canucks has been. This was not something that took us to the cup. 

I want to see this club win a cup. 

I want this management to take their time and finish the rebuild.  Do what it takes to win a cup. 

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

This is how pathetic our overall history of the Canucks has been. This was not something that took us to the cup. 

I want to see this club win a cup. 

I want this management to take their time and finish the rebuild.  Do what it takes to win a cup. 

I agree with your last point, but I don't agree with your first. While we don't have a cup, I'd say the Canucks have a great history around the team. The Twins alone bring so much lore to our history.

A massive trade to bring home a pair of twins, who end up being some of the most respected players in the NHL and spend their entire career playing together for the same team. Scoring the winning goal in their last game was a cherry on top.

I feel like you can go down the list with our players and stories and we have a lot of top teir things that have happened to our team, and some real stinkers in the history books as well. Both good and bad make for an interesting history, and I would definitely say the Canucks have that. 

• Like 1

Just now, shayster007 said:

A massive trade to bring home a pair of twins, who end up being some of the most respected players in the NHL and spend their entire career playing together for the same team. Scoring the winning goal in their last game was a cherry on top.

*****looks at your avatar of Linden*****

Keenan tore the heart out of the club by dealing Linden.  But he did get a huge haul in that trade.  Assets which Burke turned around & used to help draft the Sedins.

But as Stannis says (with respect to Keenan):