The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prabh Rai Talk

ballsdeepfreeze

I live in Saskatchewan and have not seen this kid play at all live, or even on tv. I have seen a highlight here or there, but nothing serious and was wondering if anyone has seen him play live out west. Does he look as good as his stats suggest with 10 goals in 15 games? Don't want to jump the gun by any means but this could be a good prospect for us, especially as a 5th rounder, but how did he fall that far? Seattle plays in Saskatoon on Nov. 15 and I cannot wait to see this young guy play live.

Cool lets write this kid off 4 months after he has been drafted.

He is 18/19 years old and is putting up good numbers in Junior. Probably means he can take the next step in development next year and go pro in the ECHL or Manitoba Moose. Give him 3 or 4 years to develop and then we can call him a bust or not.

I watched him play last night in Kelowna against the Rockets (7-3 Rockets for those interested). He was the best player for his team last night, he has speed and when he wants to he can take over a game, he did score and get an assist last night but his team played horrible, so take it for what its worth. As I have seen from watching him this year is that most of his goals are on the PP or garbage goals. He will definetly make the nhl, but in what capacity? well thats up to him he has the skill set to be a top six forward or he can be a 4th liner, just depends whether he is willing to put in the effort.

I watched him play last night in Kelowna against the Rockets (7-3 Rockets for those interested). He was the best player for his team last night, he has speed and when he wants to he can take over a game, he did score and get an assist last night but his team played horrible, so take it for what its worth. As I have seen from watching him this year is that most of his goals are on the PP or garbage goals. He will definetly make the nhl, but in what capacity? well thats up to him he has the skill set to be a top six forward or he can be a 4th liner, just depends whether he is willing to put in the effort.

I live in Saskatchewan and have not seen this kid play at all live, or even on tv. I have seen a highlight here or there, but nothing serious and was wondering if anyone has seen him play live out west. Does he look as good as his stats suggest with 10 goals in 15 games? Don't want to jump the gun by any means but this could be a good prospect for us, especially as a 5th rounder, but how did he fall that far? Seattle plays in Saskatoon on Nov. 15 and I cannot wait to see this young guy play live.

Hes such a joke though. I remember last training camp when they asked him about what he would bring to the canucks and the nhl and he said he was the complete package, that he could score, fight, skate, do everything well....hahahhaa made me laugh. It's like come on you little female dog, you're not going anywhere at anytime. You will never play for the canucks and is just an arrogant man who I would love to see play in the nhl and get worked over! not to be racist either, but i agree with the whole east-indian bit, as i dont think gms like it as much. Whenever i think of east indian hockey players, i think of arrogance! not being racist as i have nothing against anyone, but thats just my impression from being around the game a lot and having lots of buddies who are east indian. Hes a decent hockey player, but needs to get his head in the game and not let his head get so big. He shouldnt make statements like he does.

writing a kid off because he is a late pick in a deep draft is not wise.. granted the percentages are definatley against him.. I htink a first round pick has something like 10% chance of making the NHL (those only really get higher in the top 10).

There are so many variables that go into the development of a teenager, so many that we cannpt even begin to contemplate them.

All we can do is observe that he has the hockey skillz, and hope that the sense and smarts, and profeesionalism will follow.

With Rai its clear that he has the skillz.

Hes such a joke though. I remember last training camp when they asked him about what he would bring to the canucks and the nhl and he said he was the complete package, that he could score, fight, skate, do everything well....hahahhaa made me laugh. It's like come on you little female dog, you're not going anywhere at anytime. You will never play for the canucks and is just an arrogant man who I would love to see play in the nhl and get worked over! not to be racist either, but i agree with the whole east-indian bit, as i dont think gms like it as much. Whenever i think of east indian hockey players, i think of arrogance! not being racist as i have nothing against anyone, but thats just my impression from being around the game a lot and having lots of buddies who are east indian. Hes a decent hockey player, but needs to get his head in the game and not let his head get so big. He shouldnt make statements like he does.

Sure Brule didn't light it up at the NHL level, but what about Iginla? I watched him play while he was with the Blazers, and he also had a great junior career.

I'm not saying Rai is going to be nearly as successful as Iginla, just that it's really tough to paint someone with such a broad brush. Rai could really focus on his development and turn into a great late pick...or something could happen in his life that convinces him that he just doesn't want to play hockey anymore...There really isn't any telling until that time comes.

For now, I'm happy knowing he's doing well, and I'm going to see if I can catch him playing in Kamloops sometime next time I'm there.

Archived