The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prabh Rai Talk

ballsdeepfreeze

:shock: Wow I thought he had a decent prospects camp and a good shot to make the Moose.. guess not.

The Moose have a ton of depth so I don't think he will be in Manitoba for awhile. Taylor Ellington had the same thing happen to him.

He got sent to the Salmon Kings because the Moose have alot of d-man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OR Gillis learnt from the Cody Hodgson Media incident that the media shouldn't be given any access to an injured prospect, lest they (and gullible fans) imagine and create an issue where there is none. Hell, the St. Johns media tried to create a story out of not being given access to Sauve. I'm inclined to agree with Gillis on this one. Media blackout until the player is ready to come back.

• 3 weeks later...

Rai called back up from Victoria (didn't even play a single game)

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

11/30/2010 Prab Rai © Manitoba ADD Reassigned by Vancouver (NHL) from Victoria (ECHL)

Looks like he'll be making his professional Debut with the Moose afterall. I'm guessing this is because of the 2 recent call ups the Canucks had.

Like I predicted. Sure, people will give him an excuse cause of the injury, but Rai would have been in Victoria anyways. He isn't ready to play in the AHL, at all. He lacks everything, but speed. He won't be a call up, any time soon like some suggest. I'd be surprised if he didn't stay in Victoria, for the next couple of years.

Archived