Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Prabh Rai Talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
778 replies to this topic

#751 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

I'm pulling for this kid. He has it tough considering all the "local boy" hoopla that comes with it. In any other organization he'd have had a relatively scrutiny free ride in his attempts to make it to the big leagues.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#752 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,200 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

So he's playing with the K-Wings right?

yup

#753 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

It's good to see he's playing again.
I'm sure once he is down with the K Wings for a bit of a conditioning stint he will be back up with the Wolves before the end of the year.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#754 Todd Bertuzzzzi

Todd Bertuzzzzi

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

I still belive in Rai, i think he's got potential to be a top 6 powerforward and a good play maker

Edited by Todd Bertuzzzzi, 28 January 2012 - 12:26 AM.

The Kesler Club

#755 toshabaker

toshabaker

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

He's ba-ack! 4 games already with Kalamazoo, with an assist and a scrap. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

#756 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm still not sure why they were talking about this guy in the first place. Probably family members making most of the posts.

#757 R4ff

R4ff

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

He's ba-ack! 4 games already with Kalamazoo, with an assist and a scrap. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

There's 2 threads for him. We have known for about a week now. Also, he didn't get in a scrap, he took a boarding major. The people on CDC know everything :towel:

http://forum.canucks...k/page__st__320
Ben Hutton Sig

#758 R4ff

R4ff

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

He missed the last game and was placed on the kwings' 3 day IR. Hopefully it's not his back again. He was only getting 5-10 minutes of ice time each game.
Ben Hutton Sig

#759 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,764 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Our '08 drafting relied a lot on the scouting abilities of the former regime. Beyond Hodgson, who i think Gillis himself had to insist on, and perhaps Sauve, there's not much to be impressed about.

Still better than the '07 draft, however; a complete write-off.

TOML

comeundone.gif

#760 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Our '08 drafting relied a lot on the scouting abilities of the former regime. Beyond Hodgson, who i think Gillis himself had to insist on, and perhaps Sauve, there's not much to be impressed about.

Still better than the '07 draft, however; a complete write-off.

TOML

Well, there was only 5 players drafted by the Canucks, including no 3rd rounder, so that isn't that bad. Especially when you consider how well Cody's been playing and Sauve too in the AHL.

So 2/5 isn't bad & one of them was a pick just to please the goalie coach (Morgan Clarke), so really 2/4.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 05 February 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#761 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

1 assist in 5 games since coming back, with a fight, 1 shot and +1.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#762 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just saw there are 2 threads on Rai actually... can the mods merge them?

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 05 February 2012 - 06:33 PM.

RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#763 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

bust

#764 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

He appears to be back from IR, played last night.
Posted Image

#765 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,200 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

8GP 1 Assist, +1. 7 PIM 4 SOG didn't play today.

#766 R4ff

R4ff

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

The province did an article on him today. His back was really messed up, even during the young stars games he excelled in.

Prab Rai is back playing hockey again — and the smooth-skating forward is hoping the nightmare is over.
A couple of times in the last 20 months, the Canucks prospect thought he was past the June 2010 car accident that occurred when he was rear-ended while stuck in traffic near the Port Mann Bridge in Surrey. Both times he was wrong.
Rai, 22, a Canucks fifth-round pick in 2008, had fallen off the hockey radar screen, but now he's been able to finally begin a pro hockey career that's been delayed 18 months by a serious back injury.
"It's really nice just to get back on the ice," said Rai, who will play his ninth game for the ECHL Kalama-zoo Wings today.
"It's been a really long time to wait for my pro debut, so it was nice to step on the ice.
"It was very frustrating. It's just been nice to be around the hockey world again and doing what you're used to doing."
Rai's problems all started with the car accident, which happened shortly after he'd signed his first pro contract.
The rear-ender left him with severe back pain. X-rays showed a bulging disc and, at the advice of his own doctor and the Canucks' medical people, he took two months off to let it settle down while taking treatment.
By the time rookie camp opened the second week of September 2010, Rai says he was feeling well enough to go but was still in some pain.
"I was getting temporary relief to be able to play," he said.
"I played up there and I played well, but I was still in pain but was getting by.
"My back just kept getting worse and worse and eventually locked up on me. It was pretty hard to deal with."
Rai, who scored 41 goals in his final year of junior in Seattle, showed off his high-end speed and good skill-set in the prospects tourney in Penticton, but the sore back became so debilitating that it became clear there was more going on than the disc.
An MRI was done that showed a stress fracture as well.
Rai admits that going to his first pro camp less than 100-per-cent healthy maybe wasn't a great idea, but the extent of the injury wasn't known at that point.
"That's the way it happened, things can always be missed," he said.
"It's no one's fault. Going back a year, if I knew there was a stress fracture, obviously the Canucks wouldn't have allowed me to play and I wouldn't have been playing."
Rai made it to Penticton last September to play in the Canucks' prospects tournament, but had a setback afterwards.
It was another three months before he joined the Canucks' ECHL affiliate in January. He played his first game Jan. 20 and has one assist in eight games.
Canucks director of player development Dave Gagner said the goal for Rai is to get a string of games under his belt and have a good stretch of off-season training to prepare for next season.
"He's had so much time off that he just needs to get back playing and develop from there," said Gagner.
"He's got a lot of natural ability, so if he can get into a consistent training regimen he's going to be able to show the talent he has. He's a long ways away, but there's always hope for guys with ability and he has that."
Rai knows he'll always have to work through his back issues and goes through a special exercise regimen mornings and before and after games.
So far, it's feeling good.
"You have to maintain it, but as long as you do that there's no reason why you can't get back to the player you were before, and that's the goal," he said.

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1nQYFaaYX

Ben Hutton Sig

#767 R4ff

R4ff

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Just scored his first professional goal today. I was listening to them on the radio, and apparently it was a pretty nice snipe. He layed someone out the shift after the goal as well. The k-wings got whooped 9-3 though.

Edited by R4ff, 02 March 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Ben Hutton Sig

#768 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,200 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

rai needs to go to robert's biosteel camp.

#769 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

bust

There isn't exactly high expectations for the kid, so he can't really be called a "bust".
Posted Image

#770 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

3 points in 17GP with the Wings.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#771 Jensen17

Jensen17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

I think this year is good for his to get back into things. Next year if he has a good camp I think he can make the wolves.
Posted Image

#772 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Career minor leaguer here. Losing hope for the guy.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#773 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Rai has 3 of his 4 points in the last 6 games & is +1 in that span.

Not incredible stats or anything, but good to see that he might be on the right track.

He also has 7 shots in those 6 games whereas in the previous 12 he had 6.

Hopefully he has a good summer (he's already 6'1, 210 pounds now) and can get back into the swing of things.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 20 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#774 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,200 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

he's no longer on the k-wings active roster, and I cannot find any reason or if he is playing elsewhere...

#775 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,200 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

elite prospects has him placed on the injury reserve list and eligible to return on 12-17-2012, not sure if te x by his name on the active roster has been on there since he was placed on it, or if it's something new...

#776 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Lp

#777 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Injuries have halted his career can't see him doing anything with his hockey career time to take advantage of the whl scholarship

#778 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Injuries have halted his career can't see him doing anything with his hockey career time to take advantage of the whl scholarship

Sad to say but I have to agree with you here, I say he'll finish the rest of the season/contract (can't remember how much longer we have him signed) then move on if there's no strong increase in production. He had potential when we drafted him but these injuries derailed him.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#779 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,200 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Sad to say but I have to agree with you here, I say he'll finish the rest of the season/contract (can't remember how much longer we have him signed) then move on if there's no strong increase in production. He had potential when we drafted him but these injuries derailed him.

this is his final season on contract. I'd be surprised if he's re-signed.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.