The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stuck On Homework? **The Homework Thread v0.01** is here!

More-is-on

Hi , I've been graduated for 10 years now and I recently decided on a career change that involves me having to upgrade my English 12 grade. I am only about half way through the course and I have noticed that I am struggling with essay writing. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be able to proof read my gibberish before I submit it to my teacher. Any takers? Shoot me a message.

Anyone in Chem 12 doing the 20D Hydrolysis Lab? Finally finished, everyone in my school was having trouble with it, even the AP Class :lol:

Looks like I'm definitely not using my Physics and Chem marks for my application to UBC. Thank god for Political Science.

History, Japanese, and Math ftw. I'm finding Math 12 so much easier than Math 11 for some reason :huh:

Ok for the Chem Whiz's out there.

3) Give the ideal conditions for the production of Ammonia . ( use kinetics and equilibrium..... they are all in the gas state)

N2 + 3H2 <----> 2NH3 change H = - 92 k J

4) Hypoxia is a condition that can cause mountain climbers to perish. Use Le Chatelier's principle to explain this condition.

Yes this is my homework, No I do not get it.

Any help is appreciated. biggrin.gif

3) Give the ideal conditions for the production of Ammonia . ( use kinetics and equilibrium..... they are all in the gas state)

4) Hypoxia is a condition that can cause mountain climbers to perish. Use Le Chatelier's principle to explain this condition.

Equation: N2 + 3 H2 <-----> 2 NH3 + heat

Decreasing the heat of the system will have the system push --->, since there is less heat/energy to react with ammonia. You'd also want to have massive concentrations of N2 + H2 to react with each other, further pushing the reaction towards the products. Lastly, you'd want to decrease the volume by increasing the systemic pressure, therefore increasing the reactions between N2 + 3H2 (Higher pressure has greater effect on side with more moles of gas, so in this case, 4 moles <---> 2 moles; so more reactions pushing ---->).

Not too familiar with the condition, so I can't really help you here. I know it has to do something with the decrease of oxygen in the upper atmosphere affecting the saturation of water in the human body.

The answer would be something like: There is less oxygen up in higher elevations, so there is less oxygen present in such a reaction. This would push the reaction to the side opposite of the oxygen, causing ________.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So y=mx+b

To find m(the slope), you know that the line is perpendicular to 4x+7 so therefore the slope is the negative reciprocal. So it would be -1/4.

Now that you have y = -1/4x+b, you can plug in the point that the line goes through to solve for b.

So 8=(-1/4)(10)+b

8=-10/4+b

b=21/2 or 10.5

So the equation of the new line would be y = -1/4x + 21/2

Stats help

Plot the average income against the median income. What does the graph suggest

about income distributions?

would the average income be the independent variable (X) or would it be the dependent variable (Y)?

I always get confused which variable goes on which axis

So y=mx+b

To find m(the slope), you know that the line is perpendicular to 4x+7 so therefore the slope is the negative reciprocal. So it would be -1/4.

Now that you have y = -1/4x+b, you can plug in the point that the line goes through to solve for b.

So 8=(-1/4)(10)+b

8=-10/4+b

b=21/2 or 10.5

So the equation of the new line would be y = -1/4x + 21/2

Archived