The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Guest Gumballthechewy

I thought Theon's speech was fantastic. "and whoever kills that (...) with the horn" :lol:

At least they're filming now. Perhaps HBO will get Series 3 on tv a bit quicker. And I know they said they couldn't film two series back-to-back, but HBO needs to give the show the resources it needs to do that. Otherwise it'll be about 2022 by the last series!

Maybe HBO wants the show produced as fast as Martin writes the books?

Edited by Gumballthechewy

cant wait for the RW episode.. anyone who has read the books will know what i'm talking about..

That's going to be pretty intense.

I was watching one of the teaser trailers (the one with the "their world enters our world" theme - three eyed crow) and the song that is sung during the trailer is apparently the song that is sung before the RW incident. *shudder*

Theres no way season three can capture what happened in the book, they already took way too many liberties with season 2.

But go Danerys!!!

Also go Tyrion!

Its funny too how I have more sympathy for Cersei in the show than in the book.

Must be good acting.

The third book is being split into season 3 and 4 so it should cover the important aspects of the story.

Can't wait to see some of the new characters for this season (Blackfish, Mance, Queen of Thorns) and the RW of course.

The third book is being split into season 3 and 4 so it should cover the important aspects of the story.

Can't wait to see some of the new characters for this season (Blackfish, Mance, Queen of Thorns) and the RW of course.

As I haven't read the books, I'm really excited for this "RW".

No spoilers please.

Edited by Beluga Whale

I just started reading book 5 its so good but I am trying to read it super slow because I know I am going to go through major Game of Thrones withdrawl when I finish it. The trailer for season 3 looks majorly awesome. I am planning to pick up a bluray player for my birthday in may then I will buy both seasons 1 and 2 on dvd.

Edited by Gillyfluffball
  • Upvote 1

The only way I can possibly see the show not running out of material before the last book is released is if they split the books into multiple seasons.

And how long into the book was RW? around the middle?

Edited by Peevish

I just started reading book 5 its so good but I am trying to read it super slow because I know I am going to go through major Game of Thrones withdrawl when I finish it. The trailer for season 3 looks majorly awesome. I am planning to pick up a bluray player for my birthday in may then I will buy both seasons 1 and 2 on dvd.

Once you are done, there's still the Dunk & Egg stories set 100 years in the past. 3 of em and not too long, but its something. Plus, you can go to westeros.org and learn all about the hidden easter eggs and foreshadowing and things that happened that you didn't notice. And that might make you want to reread the entire series. And then there's the 'World of Ice and Fire' book coming out in the fall.