The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, inane said:

Looks good. However, I can't help but be worried, considering the last two seasons (minus the Hodor scene) were, to me, very much like the picture below on the right than the left:

IMG_1756.JPG

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Looks good. However, I can't help but be worried, considering the last two seasons (minus the Hodor scene) were, to me, very much like the picture below on the right than the left:

IMG_1756.JPG

Fair enough, but I think with the shortened seasons, especially with the delay for 8, there's a good chance of them rebounding up to their brilliance.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

IMG_1756.JPG

Battle of the Bastards?!?!?!?!  Were you not entertained?!?!?

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Battle of the Bastards?!?!?!?!  Were you not entertained?!?!?

It was alright, sure. But the series, to me, is not the quality as it used to be. I think it topped out when Tyrion was on trial.

But again, to me, it's not that the last few seasons are bad, but the first few seasons were so good that it's tough to sustain how great they were.

Already the worst news of the GoT season: Ghost is officially a ghost....:sadno:

http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2017/05/24/george-rr-martin-pays-tribute-to-dead-wolf-named-after-gots-ghost--.html

HBO’s critically acclaimed series “Game of Thrones” has never been shy of killing off its human characters.

However, some fans are left more heartbroken when one of the show’s resident pets—the “dire wolves”—are tragically killed off.

A recent Twitter announcement by the epic saga’s author George R.R. Martin has left fans reeling, as a real-life wolf-dog named after the character Ghost died over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode titles for the first 3 episodes

Episode 61: “Dragonstone” (July 16)
Jon (Kit Harington) organizes the defense of the North. Cersei (Lena Headey) tries to even the odds. Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) comes home.
Writers: David Benioff & D. B. Weiss
Director: Jeremy Podeswa

Episode 62: “Stormborn” (July 23)
Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros.
Writer: Bryan Cogman
Director: Mark Mylod

Episode 63: “The Queen’s Justice” (July 30)
Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) holds court. Cersei (Lena Headey) returns a gift. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) learns from his mistakes.
Writers: David Benioff & D. B. Weiss
Director: Mark Mylod

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/07/08/game-thrones-s7/%3Fsource%3Ddam

Apparently, Joe Dempsie was at the Wednesday premiere of "Dragonstone", basically assuring the return of "Gendry" to GoT.

Last seen rowing for King's Landing from Dragonstone, it looks like maybe Robert's bastard has been laying low in Flea Bottom, (maybe Gin Alley) for quite some time.