The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

12 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Anyone else get that feeling that Jaime had that "F#$% am I going to have to be a queenslayer as well?" when they first showed him and Cersei?

Yes.

12 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Also what do you think Euron's gift for Cersei will be?

Tyrion's head.

Few predictions and possible spoilers. 

I think Eurons gift will be a way to kill dragons. 

I think Arya will wear Jamies face and strangle Cersi. I think Danny with have incest sex with Jon. I think Danny will die at the end of the series. I thought she might turn into the mad queen herself but I guess Cersi took that role. I think Bran could be the lord of light. Just some predictions I have I haven't read any spoilers. 

34 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think Arya will wear Jamies face and strangle Cersi. I think Danny with have incest sex with Jon. I think Danny will die at the end of the series. I thought she might turn into the mad queen herself but I guess Cersi took that role. I think Bran could be the lord of light. Just some predictions I have I haven't read any spoilers. 

Spoiler

In the books, Euron is in possession of a horn called "Dragonbinder". (It makes it's appearance at the Kingsmoot) According to legend, if the horn is blown within hearing of a Dragon the dragon will obey the horn's master. Unfortunately, the person who actually blows the horn dies.

There is another horn in the books called the Horn of Winter, which legend says will bring down the wall. It was supposed to be in the hands of Mance Rayder, which means we probably won't see it in the series, but Dragonbinder is still a possibility.

In any event, it looks like the producers of the series have found a way around the need for the Horn of Winter. 

Remember in the "Hold the Door" episode, when the Night's King touches Bran and the spells keeping the WW out of the cave are no longer in effect? Now that Bran has passed through the Wall, it seems likely that the spells built in the it will no longer be effective as well....

50 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:
  Hide contents

In the books, Euron is in possession of a horn called "Dragonbinder". (It makes it's appearance at the Kingsmoot) According to legend, if the horn is blown within hearing of a Dragon the dragon will obey the horn's master. Unfortunately, the person who actually blows the horn dies.

There is another horn in the books called the Horn of Winter, which legend says will bring down the wall. It was supposed to be in the hands of Mance Rayder, which means we probably won't see it in the series, but Dragonbinder is still a possibility.

In any event, it looks like the producers of the series have found a way around the need for the Horn of Winter. 

Remember in the "Hold the Door" episode, when the Night's King touches Bran and the spells keeping the WW out of the cave are no longer in effect? Now that Bran has passed through the Wall, it seems likely that the spells built in the it will no longer be effective as well....

Yeah that's definitely a possibility. I was thinking maybe the Knights King knows a secret way through the wall... I like how this show has so many different predictions.

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

I dunno... I'm concerned for the fate of Arya unless she can find more allies but the show has been very good at not telegraphing her characters situation so really its hard to say what she's in for. 

I did have the same thought about Euron and him possibly knowing a way to kill dragons... 

This is really hard to comment on the show without giving away details of previous seasons. 

Though highly impossible,  it would be cool if every side got a dragon.  Euron binds one to give to Cersei, Night King takes one(would be so epic!) and Danny keeps one. 

I just hope we see more bed pans.

8 hours ago, Violator said:

How much time passed between the end of last season and the beginning of the new season?

It's difficult to say. On the face of things, Euron has had time to build 1000 ships, so one's first impression would be "a lot". But then we remember that Varys "materialized" on the deck of one of Dany's ships, immediately after we saw him in Dorne...

Judging by how far Arya has gotten from the Twins, as well as the meeting in Winterfell, (we have to assume time for Ned Umber and Alis Karstark to travel from Last Hearth and Karhold) I'd say we're looking at a matter of months.

• Upvote 1

A few random thoughts: (One is in spoilers, because it incorporates something from the books that isn't in the series....yet)

Spoiler

One of the biggest complaints of book readers is the absence of Lady Stoneheart. We are told that Beric Dondarrion was able to revive her, somehow transferring his life force and causing his own (final) death.

His conversation with the Hound got me thinking that maybe this is the answer to Sandor's question: "Why you?" Perhaps the Lord of Light keeps bring Beric back so he can revive a necessary character. It's probably too late for Lady Stoneheart, but therre are other intriguing options, including The Hound himself...

Sansa needs to learn to STFU when Jon is making a decision. Just because she's been held by Cersei and Ramsay and controlled by Littlefinger, it doesn't mean she knows everything. Contradicting the King in front of everyone is something that she should have learned not to do. Hopefully, she'll realize that she doesn't know better than everyone else, before she does or says something really stupid.

Arya says she's on her way to King's Landing, but Riverrun is (more or less) on the way. Jaime is back in KL, but the Lannisters still hold RR. I wonder if there's anyone on Arya's list still there....

Tormund is on his way to Eastwatch and likely he'll be the first one to take on the WW and their army. He probably thinks that they can't pass the Wall and I imagine it's going to be a surprise to him when an army of corpses start climbing. I fear for Giant's Bane and if he wants to get busy with a certain giantess "beauty", he'd better do so before he leaves, IMHO.

19 hours ago, HI5 said:

Euron will bring Tyrion alive for Cersei to kill and Jamie will have to make a decision where he ends up strangling Cersei by the neck with his remaining four fingers.

qs2sko2virzy.png

I hate that it's so obvious. I wish they change it up

On 7/17/2017 at 7:52 PM, HI5 said:

Euron will bring Tyrion alive for Cersei to kill and Jamie will have to make a decision where he ends up strangling Cersei by the neck with his remaining four fingers.

qs2sko2virzy.png

There's a new theory making the rounds based on this photo. (Actually, it's not so much a new theory as it is thought to be a clue confirming an older theory)

We remember that when Cersei visited Maggy the Frog, she was told that "the Valonqar" would wrap his fingers around her "pale white throat" and she will die. Most people have been assuming that the Valonqar (Little brother) would be Tyrion. However, some are now thinking that Jaime (born a few minutes after Cersei) will be the one doing the strangling.

He had no problems doing in mad monarchs before and he certainly seems discomfited with Cersei's behavior since he returned from the Twins.

If you look at the map in the above photo, Cersei is standing on The Neck, while Jaime is just a step off The Fingers...B)

I suppose the question is: Can Jaime strangle someone with one good hand?

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There's a new theory making the rounds based on this photo. (Actually, it's not so much a new theory as it is thought to be a clue confirming an older theory)

We remember that when Cersei visited Maggy the Frog, she was told that "the Valonqar" would wrap his fingers around her "pale white throat" and she will die. Most people have been assuming that the Valonqar (Little brother) would be Tyrion. However, some are now thinking that Jaime (born a few minutes after Cersei) will be the one doing the strangling.

He had no problems doing in mad monarchs before and he certainly seems discomfited with Cersei's behavior since he returned from the Twins.

If you look at the map in the above photo, Cersei is standing on The Neck, while Jaime is just a step off The Fingers...B)

I suppose the question is: Can Jaime strangle someone with one good hand?

Spoiler

There is a theory that Jaime is the Azor Ahai

Spoiler

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:
  Hide contents

There is a theory that Jaime is the Azor Ahai

Reveal hidden contents

It's a solid theory (and one I've heard before) I guess if we start hearing more references to AA, it might pick up some steam.