The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

On 31/08/2017 at 9:14 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree, but I still found myself a bit disappointed to find out that the sisters didn't figure out Littlefinger's angle for themselves. The fact that Bran had to straighten them out cheapens their "revenge", IMO. It would have been much more satisfying had Arya been playing Petyr, when she snuck into his room and found the letter Sansa wrote to Robb.

Instead, we find out that she really was fooled by Littlefinger's ploy and that Sansa was also fooled, at least up until the end.

Agreed, but it is Little Finger... the most manipulative character in the entire show.

Regardless of Sansa or Arya's experiences, up to that point, they were still not on par with Petyr. He has always been portrayed as a master of his craft. I think the show did his character a great service by having his true nature being exposed only by an omniscient being (Bran)

23 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Agreed, but it is Little Finger... the most manipulative character in the entire show.

Regardless of Sansa or Arya's experiences, up to that point, they were still not on par with Petyr. He has always been portrayed as a master of his craft. I think the show did his character a great service by having his true nature being exposed only by an omniscient being (Bran)

It will be interesting to see how Bran's revelation about Jon's true heritage will be received...

Bear in mind, Dany and her entourage don't know a thing about Bran and his abilities will certainly be met with some skepticism. He'll likely have to tell Dany something that no-one else could possibly know. My guess is that it will be something from the period of time after she escaped the Fighting Pit of Meereen. Maybe something that happened while she was part of  the Dosh Khaleen...

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It will be interesting to see how Bran's revelation about Jon's true heritage will be received...

Bear in mind, Dany and her entourage don't know a thing about Bran and his abilities will certainly be met with some skepticism. He'll likely have to tell Dany something that no-one else could possibly know. My guess is that it will be something from the period of time after she escaped the Fighting Pit of Meereen. Maybe something that happened while she was part of  the Dosh Khaleen...

Not sure about that. I think it was episode 4 that Jon told everyone, at Dragonstone, that Bran had a vision about the Night King marching on the wall. 

Not sure what you mean by the last bolded. 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

So I just finished season 6 episode 5, Ramsey still has Rickon. But then I saw Ramsey on a trailer for a new show thanks F%$%#$^^$#^#$^#$@#$^&^*%&$%#@#$@#$@#$!%$%k!

Doesn't really mean anything....Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke and Sophie Turner have all done movies, while still being part of the GoT cast....

I know it wont happen but it'd be cool if Arya went to kill Cersei, gets caught, asks for Trial by Combat and the Hound fights for her killing the Mountain.  Cersei turns her guards on the Hound killing him, meanwhile Arya kills a guard while no one is looking takes his face and kills Cersei.  Booyah

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I know it wont happen but it'd be cool if Arya went to kill Cersei, gets caught, asks for Trial by Combat and the Hound fights for her killing the Mountain.  Cersei turns her guards on the Hound killing him, meanwhile Arya kills a guard while no one is looking takes his face and kills Cersei.  Booyah

Everyone wants to see Cleganebowl, but I don't think Arya will ever let anyone do her fighting for her...even against a foe like the Mountain. She'd definitely go Red Viper on Gregor, but minus the taunting at the end.

Besides, we all know that it has to be Jaime (or an outside chance of Tyrion) who kills Cersei. That being said, it might be possible for Arya to do the deed wearing her "Kingslayer" halloween costume.B)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Everyone wants to see Cleganebowl, but I don't think Arya will ever let anyone do her fighting for her...even against a foe like the Mountain. She'd definitely go Red Viper on Gregor, but minus the taunting at the end.

Besides, we all know that it has to be Jaime (or an outside chance of Tyrion) who kills Cersei. That being said, it might be possible for Arya to do the deed wearing her "Kingslayer" halloween costume.B)

I know, actually my favorite youtube GOT bloggers or whatever their called has Arya dying in season 8:(  I know their filming multiple endings I wonder if we'll get to see them all. 

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I know, actually my favorite youtube GOT bloggers or whatever their called has Arya dying in season 8:(  I know their filming multiple endings I wonder if we'll get to see them all. 

Arya stealing Jaime's face and killing Cersei is one of the more popular theories around, but it has one problem: Maggy the Frog's prophecy is pretty clear that the Valonqar will strangle Cersei with his bare hands. It's not impossible, but it is difficult to imagine Arya using that method. (Or Jaime for that matter, considering he has only one good hand)

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Maggy the Frog's prophecy is pretty clear that the Valonqar will strangle Cersei with his bare hands.

I thought they took that out of the TV show?  That makes me think it wont happen that way(on the show).  That's why I thought for sure, along with a lot of other people, that Jaime was done for during the S7 finale.  I think they'll film multiple endings and just go with the one that's least talked about on Reddit:lol:

@#$%ing 2 year wait for this, that's borderline criminal.

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I thought they took that out of the TV show?  That makes me think it wont happen that way(on the show).  That's why I thought for sure, along with a lot of other people, that Jaime was done for during the S7 finale.  I think they'll film multiple endings and just go with the one that's least talked about on Reddit:lol:

@#$%ing 2 year wait for this, that's borderline criminal.

I'm just hoping that Martin does some catching up while the series is in hiatus. The guy already looks like a cross between Santa Claus and the Pillsbury Doughboy...I'm afraid he's going to die before he finishes writing the rest of the books.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:26 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Maybe once Jon and Danny learn of Cersei's plan, they dispatch Arya to kill Cersei and assume control of the Lannister and Golden Companies armies to use up north. Jamie, unaware of this, attempts to do the right thing (kill Cersei) and offs Arya instead, further cementing his legacy as an oath breaker.

Although, I have a feeling that Jamie has a bigger role to play.

2 hours ago, Canorth said:

Maybe once Jon and Danny learn of Cersei's plan, they dispatch Arya to kill Cersei and assume control of the Lannister and Golden Companies armies to use up north. Jamie, unaware of this, attempts to do the right thing (kill Cersei) and offs Arya instead, further cementing his legacy as an oath breaker.

Although, I have a feeling that Jamie has a bigger role to play.

This is the great thing about the Faceless men. (and women) It makes just about any theory a possibility.

Thanks George. Now get back to writing, dammit!

• 7 months later...

For those who (like me) are lamenting the long wait for the final season of GoT, this might cheer you up a bit:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/hbo-gives-go-ahead-to-game-of-thrones-prequel-pilot/ar-AAyqDGk?li=AAggSpD

HBO said on Friday it is moving ahead with a prequel pilot for its hit television series Game of Thrones , the first green light for five potential spinoff projects for the award-winning medieval fantasy.

HBO said it had given a pilot order to a prequel that will take place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones , the biggest international hit for the Time Warner channel. If all goes well with the pilot, the network will order a full TV series.

The as yet untitled prequel was created by British screenwriter Jane Goldman with author George R.R. Martin, whose novel series A Song of Ice and Fire  is the basis for the Game of Thrones  television series, HBO said in a statement.

It will chronicle "the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour," and look at the secrets of the history of the warring families in the fictional kingdom of Westeros.

I approve of the choice of subject matter. Hopefully, the pilot becomes a full blown series. I'm going through withdrawal right now, but I can only imagine what it will be like when the final season ends....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For those who (like me) are lamenting the long wait for the final season of GoT, this might cheer you up a bit:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/hbo-gives-go-ahead-to-game-of-thrones-prequel-pilot/ar-AAyqDGk?li=AAggSpD

I approve of the choice of subject matter. Hopefully, the pilot becomes a full blown series. I'm going through withdrawal right now, but I can only imagine what it will be like when the final season ends....

Hopefully Winds of Winter will be released soon after, to take that edge off... but with all these new projects, I don't see GRRM finishing it anytime soon. 

Sure would suck if that series ends with Danny and Drogon being swarmed by a Dothraki hoard

2 hours ago, Canorth said:

Hopefully Winds of Winter will be released soon after, to take that edge off... but with all these new projects, I don't see GRRM finishing it anytime soon. 

Sure would suck if that series ends with Danny and Drogon being swarmed by a Dothraki hoard

Yeah, the books are going to be some relief, if and when they finally come out. Still, this spin-off looks promising...