The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Yeah, I've really liked the pacing of these last three episodes. Almost too many storylines going on and I'm worried they'll run out of time this season to finish alot of them, but there are some great characters. Tyrion and Arya being the best. The assassin that Arya has now is pretty badass. I don't really care much for Daenerys storyline, though it's better now in that Qarth than in the red desert.

I'm not sure I follow on last bit there, lol.

I've come to like Arya so much more this season. And I was really hoping someone would just kill Theon off. And I can't quite figure The Hound out....seems he's got a major soft spot for Sansa?

After exams are done I'm getting myself the books. I've heard they aren't much in terms of writing style, but the story is great. Can anyone who has read the books confirm?

Edited by ckamo

Even though the season up to date has been quite different from the books, I really don't have a problem with it. They have done a good job adapting a huge book into 10 episodes and the main plot lines haven't been tampered with too much.

And just a heads up to everybody watching tonight, the author of the books wrote episode 7 of this season.

Does anyone know when season three will be on?

I heard it will be right after season two. Is that true?

Not true, they haven't even started shooting it yet. The kids - Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon - are all at school, and can only film in the holidays. Which in the UK will be in 4 weeks time (a 1-week break) followed by another long 6 weeks before the 5/6-week summer break. I'd expect them to start principal shooting in the June break, with the bulk of it done over the summer.

They're going to have Harry Potter-esque problems with those kis aging though. Sansa is already 16 IRL, imagine how old she'll look after 7 seasons still playing a 13yo character -_-

EDIT: I should say that I've been reading the books since Christmas, and am only just now getting onto Book 5. Having a 2 year old really cuts down on your free time...

Edited by Azzy Mahmood

They're going to have Harry Potter-esque problems with those kis aging though. Sansa is already 16 IRL, imagine how old she'll look after 7 seasons still playing a 13yo character -_-

Damn I never read the books and I thought the kids would grow up. That's a major spoiler finding out they will stay the same age haha

I'm sure you thought I knew that already. So it's all good!