The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

whack.jpeg

really hope he's not dead.

he's not.

finale was awesome... i need moar. i can't believe i have to suffer through 4 months of true blood now... my wife loves that show. it was ok/decent for the first bit, but it became a clusterfrack of crappiness and kept going down. it seems like they have jumped the shark a couple times now, i don't know how they get renewed.

Edited by avelanch

that was dope. I can't believe we have to wait like a year or whatever it's going to be.

is that two posts up for real somewhere? or just photoshop.

I hear ya, by next year I will most likely forget the story line.

I'm going to start reading the books. I love the show and have heard the books are amazing.

The only book I've ever willingly read by myself was The Outsiders, so I'm guessing I'm in for quite a time.

Don't get me wrong, I've read lots of books. I just read them because I had to for school. :lol:

That foreshadowing in The House of the Undying was amazing. Where she walks into the Throne room and it's covered in snow with the roof gone.

I'm going to start reading the books. I love the show and have heard the books are amazing.

The only book I've ever willingly read by myself was The Outsiders, so I'm guessing I'm in for quite a time.

Don't get me wrong, I've read lots of books. I just read them because I had to for school. :lol:

That foreshadowing in The House of the Undying was amazing. Where she walks into the Throne room and it's covered in snow with the roof gone.

i don't think it was foreshadowing, i think it was a test, to see which one she wanted more, the iron throne or her baby dragons. same with her husband/baby.

Just wait'll you see that same sequence in the books. Way cooler in a way the TV show couldn't have matched.

Without book spoilers, can someone explain why Winterfell was destroyed? I thought those guys were going to surrender and go home by giving up Theon? So what was the town in ruins? Does it have something to do with the bastard son? I'm guessing we'll find out next season but thought it was odd.

I thought Theon's speech was fantastic. "and whoever kills that (...) with the horn" :lol:

At least they're filming now. Perhaps HBO will get Series 3 on tv a bit quicker. And I know they said they couldn't film two series back-to-back, but HBO needs to give the show the resources it needs to do that. Otherwise it'll be about 2022 by the last series!

finally finished (catching up)

thought that battle (in ep 9) was poorly done, but the season finale made up for it

the show's strength is its story and politics and acting, whenever it gets action-y, it gets pretty lame, imo.

also really, really hate the targaryean (spelling) mother of dragons subplot. i find all of those characters to be really annoying, and their dialogue to be obnoxiously bad. "I am your kahleesi! The Mother of Dragons! Take me to The Thirteen so I can visit The House of The Undying!" -- it's so dumb. It's like when there's any detail in the story, they have some silly name for it (i.e. "The ___ "), and then they repeat 40 times per minute

but damn, the rest of the show is amazing amazing

think i'll pick up the books now.

Edited by GLASSJAW

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the second season. Was decent.

Some of the stories are still as boring (north of the wall) but I don't think the show is doing well for Daenarys. She seems a lot more whiny that I remember when reading her stories. I get the feeling that a lot of people watching hear her say the name Targaryen but don't feel the impact of it without reading the books.

I am very glad that one of my favourite characters, Tywin, is getting treated well.

If I remember my timeline, we'll be seeing one of my other favs, Barristan Selmy, early in the next season.

finally finished (catching up)

thought that battle (in ep 9) was poorly done, but the season finale made up for it

the show's strength is its story and politics and acting, whenever it gets action-y, it gets pretty lame, imo.

also really, really hate the targaryean (spelling) mother of dragons subplot. i find all of those characters to be really annoying, and their dialogue to be obnoxiously bad. "I am your kahleesi! The Mother of Dragons! Take me to The Thirteen so I can visit The House of The Undying!" -- it's so dumb. It's like when there's any detail in the story, they have some silly name for it (i.e. "The ___ "), and then they repeat 40 times per minute

Yeah, I hate her character in the series. She never does anything, all she does is go around whining and telling everyone that they need to listen to her because she's the "mother" of some dragon eggs that existed long before she was born.

if they have to write in a new character just to add star power (if theron is considered star power), then that's dumb.

i'm almost done book 1. pretty good. makes me like the characters a lot more. the imp is better in the book, and the daenarys (or whatever) character is actually enjoyable in the novel, whereas she's just terrible in the show imo