The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Seriously I want the book series to be finished more than the TV series. There is far too much left unanswered!

You'll have a nerdgasm if you haven't looked at ASOIAF forums yet... there are things that happened in the books that you may not have even have noticed, as well as a lot of foreshadowing and fan theories. Plus links to a couple of preview chapters from winds of winter. One of them is really awesome, assuming you are a fan of the characters in them.

You'll have a nerdgasm if you haven't looked at ASOIAF forums yet... there are things that happened in the books that you may not have even have noticed, as well as a lot of foreshadowing and fan theories. Plus links to a couple of preview chapters from winds of winter. One of them is really awesome, assuming you are a fan of the characters in them.

Where do I find these forums?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/

the winds of winter chapters are here a few pages down:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/58-the-winds-of-winter/

tried to find some other threads that were particularly good for you, but they are very buried right now.

Foreshadowing threads are always good. Little things you didn't notice threads are always good. There is a great thread somewhere with all the leading fan theories. There's also lots of wild and ridiculous speculation so be prepared for that.

I would mention a couple of specific things, but I don't want to spoil for anybody... I'll PM you tho.

I'm on chapter 40 in book 3 right now...any idea how close I am?

Probably best not to know... the series is best left as surprise overall. Also, I'll warn you now that book 3 runs at a rapid pace and is very eventful, but book 4 and 5 are somewhat slower paced. The first time I read them I was someone disappointed in this, as I found myself racing through new characters to get to the ones I already knew. But when I read the series again, 4 and 5 ended up being my favorites because they added so much depth. So, generally speaking enjoy the journey... and you'll know that part when you get to it. Its awesome.

Probably best not to know... the series is best left as surprise overall. Also, I'll warn you now that book 3 runs at a rapid pace and is very eventful, but book 4 and 5 are somewhat slower paced. The first time I read them I was someone disappointed in this, as I found myself racing through new characters to get to the ones I already knew. But when I read the series again, 4 and 5 ended up being my favorites because they added so much depth. So, generally speaking enjoy the journey... and you'll know that part when you get to it. Its awesome.

Ya, if by awesome you mean heartbreaking to the point where I had to put the book down for a week out of sheer anger, than yes... Its awesome

Ya, if by awesome you mean heartbreaking to the point where I had to put the book down for a week out of sheer anger, than yes... Its awesome

Which is a necessary ingredient for a story to really resonate. Its one of the things that sets the series apart, and thus enjoyable in retrospect.

Besides that, I didn't want to be a dick by hinting as to what sort of event it would be, so that people who are still reading don't get spoiled by it, so I chose my words carefully... :)

Edited by butters