The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Guys this show sucks in comparison to the Walking Dead

I recently made that dIscovery right here on CDC

I was fine with people debating me on the way the show was written but the moment people started bringing Game of Thrones into it as a comparison I had no choice but to wash my hands of that madness.

• Upvote 1

It really boggles the mind how the 2 are even considered comparable. Granted Game of Thrones isn't necessarily brilliant, but compared to that piece of crap show, it's a work of art.

With The Walking Dead. the acting is god-awful. The writing, even worse. It's poorly conceived, poorly executed, and all around terrible. There's nothing happening, but people bitching at each other over and over again. People talk of how they believe things would go down if there was a real apocolypse of this sort, and to that, I say 2 things. First, lol no, the show is not realistic. Second, if this would be the reality, I would shoot myself right away, not because of the horrors of the zombies, or some utter BS about the twisted morals of the survivors around me. No, I would shoot myself because I couldn't deal having to hang with dipcraps like Rick, and his gang of dumbasses.

I stopped watching after the show after the mid-season finale of the second season told me that the events of the first half were a complete waste of time. I haven't wasted my time with it since. Although the topic of the show always seems to rear itself, and I don't mind taking the off opportunity to rant like this.

People will continue to compare them, but as far as quality goes, they are so far at the opposite ends of the scale with which to measure currently airing TV shows.

• Upvote 4

Because it is the most boring TV show I've seen since Antiques Roadshow. Walking Dead turns me into a zombie, it's so dreary and badly-acted.

Meh... Other then the 2nd season I think it's a great show. Sure the acting has been bad at time but even then the show never fails to interest me. Even the mighty GoT has its weaknesses.

Expecting some awesome new info about GoT coming into this thread instead I get a wtf debate about which show is better, a zombie tv show or a fantasy one. They're not even comparable to one another, only similarity between them is that they are both television shows.

The latest thing I think was the video with the interviews with a bunch of the cast members from less than a week ago.

There's a lot if things I'd concede to a matter of taste. Most everything actually. And I get why people watch the show. But the walking dead is fundamentally a poor show. At every corner it relies on soapy drama instead of sound development.

It follows the same formula to success that The Real Housewives series does, or Days of Our Lives and Young and the Restless do.

It shouldn't be confused with Good television. I obviously could care less if people watch it and enjoy it, because that's none of my business. But if someone makes an argument for the quality of the show, they're wrong.

• Upvote 3