The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Brieann of Tarth, however, needs to be UGLIER! Hope they do something in makeup to UGG her up a bit more, although the actress being 6'3'' helps a lot to capture the big and strong angle for the character.

from a summary of the new cast:

By the way, for those of you wondering if Christie is too pretty to portray Brienne, have no fear; writer George R.R. Martin says she showed up to the audition sans make-up, looking just like he'd imagined Lady Brienne.

I think prioritizing size over looks was definitely the way to go in casting Brienne. Make-up can go a long way in changing a person's looks for better or worse - just look at what they did with Charlize Theron in Monster.

Just finished watching the first season. I thought it was really good - it's been ages since they've had a decent fantasy series on television. I'm surprised at how some of the major characters get killed off (I haven't read any of the books). I thought that some of the character's story lines felt a bit rushed (such as Robb Stark's ascension to the throne) but that's to be expected with juggling so many characters around. And then the youngest Stark boy came out of nowhere which felt odd. Emilia Clarke is gorgeous!

Edited by blister soul

Just finished watching the first season. I thought it was really good - it's been ages since they've had a decent fantasy series on television. I'm surprised at how some of the major characters get killed off (I haven't read any of the books). I thought that some of the character's story lines felt a bit rushed (such as Robb Stark's ascension to the throne) but that's to be expected with juggling so many characters around. And then the youngest Stark boy came out of nowhere which felt odd. Emilia Clarke is gorgeous!

well he is the oldest son of Eddard thereby being the heir to winterfell

but when Eddard left for king's landing , robb had already assumed responsiblity as lord of winterfell

It can't come soon enough!

Will not read the books, will not read the books...

I'm waiting impatiently too. Doesn't help that I started reading the books right after I watched the first season. I didn't want to read too far ahead but that plan sure didn't work. I couldn't put the books down after I started reading them. Just finished the third book, A Storm of Swords.

The visuals in GoT are absolutely stunning. Heres a cool video that takes you behind the scenes of production. Love the last bit with the dragons (was kinda skeptic of how they'd do it and they pulled it off wonderfully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkptadiDABo

EDIT: Just looked over the casting and I can definitely see Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar.

Edited by P.OneOh

• 3 months later...

Is it spring yet?

Patience... "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again..." oops wrong fantasy series.

To tide you over to spring...

This will be a Season of Terrors:

HBO Season 2 "In production" video:

Arya Stark's new look:

• Upvote 1

Patience... "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again..." oops wrong fantasy series.

I'd sell my soul for a WOT series

• Upvote 1