The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

If you'd laugh at a child who has just injured themselves, then shame on you. I hope one day you can see through the eyes of a parent. When your child is hurt, time stops still. And when someone mocks them in that moment, you protect your child. It's basic human instinct. The person that laughs at my child gets one chance to pipe down. I'm sure any parent here would understand that.

Back to GoT, the scene was designed by Joffrey as ENTERTAINMENT. He introduced it as such. It was designed to make people laugh. At his uncle, maybe. But make people laugh. It was funny. Spanking Renly is funny no matter how tall the person. Spit roasting the wolfs head is funny, regardless of the person's stature. The scene was hilarious. And Tywin found it funny, he's no Joffrey.

The scene wasn't funny for anyone else watching the show. The use of dwaves was absolutely humilating for Tyrion. Other characters like Sansa and Loras were humiliated by it as well. You're the only one who found it funny, stop trying to convince us it's "hilarious".

Also Tywin didn't find it funny, he had a frown the whole time.

Edited by Carrots
  • Upvote 1

I hate to see a thread about my favourite show not be about my favourite show. Discuss the show pls.

Thoughts on who takes over from Joffrey now? What happens to Tyrion?

Tommen should be next in line to be king if I am not mistaken. Though his age is uncertain to me. The actor looked significantly bigger than before but I think he is supposed to be still very young so maybe someone fills in for him until he is of age. Maybe Tywin?

Tyrion: Trailer spoilers

I assume he goes to jail and gets a trail by combat. Based on the trailer you see Oberyn fighting the mountain while people watch I assume that Oberyn is representing Tyrion. Based on the gif I saw of Tyrion doing a weird dance in cuffs I will assume Oberyn wins.

With Joffrey gone I also think Ramsey may be in line for most hated on the show.

If you'd laugh at a child who has just injured themselves, then shame on you. I hope one day you can see through the eyes of a parent. When your child is hurt, time stops still. And when someone mocks them in that moment, you protect your child. It's basic human instinct. The person that laughs at my child gets one chance to pipe down. I'm sure any parent here would understand that.

Back to GoT, the scene was designed by Joffrey as ENTERTAINMENT. He introduced it as such. It was designed to make people laugh. At his uncle, maybe. But make people laugh. It was funny. Spanking Renly is funny no matter how tall the person. Spit roasting the wolfs head is funny, regardless of the person's stature. The scene was hilarious. And Tywin found it funny, he's no Joffrey.

I said I would chuckle. I wouldn't make fun of him or be obnoxious about it but yes I would smirk and let it a chuckle if I saw someone walk into a pole. I am not a parent, I am an uncle though and of course I was once a kid (have quite a few scars from it) if a child was seriously hurt I would not laugh or take it lightly but a blood nose or mouth or cut isn't a big deal to me it's expected. I did plenty of dumb things as a kid. One time I tried to do a front flip and failed horribly as I smashed my own knee into my nose. I cried and bled all over and my father poked some fun at how hard it was to find the cut when he cleaned it and remarked on how girls like a guy with scars but won't be able to find mine. It wasn't because he didn't care it was because he realized it wasn't a serious injury and didn't panic.

The point being is you attacked an elderly man in front of your kid. Even if he was obnoxious what was the point? Was his laughter causing your child severe emotional trauma? Was beating him up more important than helping your child? To me attacking the elderly is the same as attacking a child. I don't need to be a parent to tell you if I truly felt offended I wouldn't have attacked him I would have taken the moment to explain to my child the benefit of ignoring people who act like idiots and the benefit to not stooping to there level.

For what it's worth I don't dislike you Azzy but attacking an old man for laughing at your kid for walking into a pole is extreme

Tommen should be next in line to be king if I am not mistaken. Though his age is uncertain to me. The actor looked significantly bigger than before but I think he is supposed to be still very young so maybe someone fills in for him until he is of age. Maybe Tywin?

They replaced the actor for Tommen. This new kid is the same kid who played one of the two Lannister boys captured by Edmure Tully last season.

I think Tommen is perfect for the Lannisters' purposes. I honestly wouldn't put it beyond Tywin to have arranged Joffrey's death himself to put an easier to control puppet on the throne.

As for the elderly man, come on Azzy. For all we know, the guy has some form of dementia and really can't be blamed for that kind of thing. If your kid was so badly hurt that you felt the need to take issue with it, maybe you should have been taking care of your kid instead. Sorry, but I put "assaulting the elderly" as a worse offense than "laughing at a kid accidentally injuring himself".

• Upvote 1

Anyway, I watched the episode again last night and I didn't really see Sansa lose anything off of her necklace, I can see her being blamed, but I don't see it having anything to do with her necklace.

I can guarantee she lost a stone off her necklace. One of them was missing in a close up shot of her while talking to Olenna, which was immediately after Olenna reached for her necklace in a distant shot, and pocketed something.

I can guarantee she lost a stone off her necklace. One of them was missing in a close up shot of her while talking to Olenna, which was immediately after Olenna reached for her necklace in a distant shot, and pocketed something.

Yeah you're right...the reason I agree is in the spoiler. Doesn't really 'spoil' anything IMO, but just in case.

Seven here

rvkuehfj03uqfmajcvjc.gif

Six here:

pyznszcs3rxc9gofzul8.png

Edited by Down by the River

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Tywin found the scene funny. I certainly didn't see it that way.

The only people who found it funny (from what I saw) were Joffrey, Cersei and Tommen. (I assume the blond boy sitting beside Tyrion and Sansa was supposed to be Tommen) There were a few other wedding guests laughing, but everyone of consequence to the story was upset by it (Tyrion, Sansa, Loras), or very uncomfortable. (Tywin, Olenna, Varys, Mace, Margarey)

I understand that the slapstick aspect of the scene might be funny to some, but believe me, the scene was designed to be anything but, both by Joffrey and by the show's producers.

They replaced the actor for Tommen. This new kid is the same kid who played one of the two Lannister boys captured by Edmure Tully last season.

Interesting. He literally just looks like the old actor but bigger. On a side note Bran will look like a full grown man by the end of the show if he survives.

I think Tommen is perfect for the Lannisters' purposes. I honestly wouldn't put it beyond Tywin to have arranged Joffrey's death himself to put an easier to control puppet on the throne.

If Tommen is deemed to young to make decisions and they have someone else serve as acting king until he is of age I could see that. Though Tommen as king who gets the actual final says would be interesting as I don't know if he would be productive. But he likes Tyrion so maybe that is how Tyrion gets out of his situation. When Cersei asked him about Robb dying despite him coming for his brother Tommen was openly against wanting him dead. So I could see Tommen being to soft as king.

I am sure Dany will start acting like an actual Targaryen and come and slaughter him.

Azzy, I would have laughed at your kid until i saw the blood, then i would have stopped and felt bad. I also would have kicked your ass into next week if you laid your hand on me for doing so. you should have been attending to your child, not attempting to assault a sexagenarian for chuckling at the situation.

as for the dwarven "comedy" routine. the writers/producers of the show created that scene not to be amusing to the TV audience, but to make you feel uncomfortable, and to empathize with Tyrion. the crowd in the show was supposed to find it amusing (as they were written that way), be WE were not.

Azzy, I would have laughed at your kid until i saw the blood, then i would have stopped and felt bad. I also would have kicked your ass into next week if you laid your hand on me for doing so. you should have been attending to your child, not attempting to assault a sexagenarian for chuckling at the situation.

as for the dwarven "comedy" routine. the writers/producers of the show created that scene not to be amusing to the TV audience, but to make you feel uncomfortable, and to empathize with Tyrion. the crowd in the show was supposed to find it amusing (as they were written that way), be WE were not.

Plus I imagine much of the crowd felt coerced into laughing along with Joffrey.

yup. so, since mr sandwich and margaery were married, but it was not consummated, who takes over the throne? Margaery or Cersei?

I'm not even sure it needs to be consummated in this universe... i just hope Cersei doesn't rule again.

yup. so, since mr sandwich and margaery were married, but it was not consummated, who takes over the throne? Margaery or Cersei?

I'm not even sure it needs to be consummated in this universe... i just hope Cersei doesn't rule again.

Why don't you go to the books' thread and find out? :)