1778 replies to this topic

#151 Canuckerbird

Canuckerbird

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Tyrion is far and away the best character in the series. Peter Dinklage is awesome.

"And now I've struck a king! Did my hand fall from my wrist?!" - Tyrion showing that little bitch Joffrey who's boss.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "No. But I do want a normal banana later, so...ya."- The Late Mitch Hedberg

Go Canucks GO

#152 Dream Theater

Dream Theater

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Even though the season up to date has been quite different from the books, I really don't have a problem with it. They have done a good job adapting a huge book into 10 episodes and the main plot lines haven't been tampered with too much.

And just a heads up to everybody watching tonight, the author of the books wrote episode 7 of this season.
Posted Image

#153 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#154 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Haven't watched any of the second season yet.
I want to wait until the end then watch them all together.

#155 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

I want to watch tonight's episode so bad, but my father is still awake and you never know what could happen in this show..
Posted Image

#156 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

this one was pretty tame compared to some of them
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#157 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Does anyone know when season three will be on?
I heard it will be right after season two. Is that true?

#158 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Well considering it was just renewed a few weeks ago after the premiere I would say same time next year for the third season.

Last nights episode was great yet again.

#159 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone know when season three will be on?
I heard it will be right after season two. Is that true?

Not true, they haven't even started shooting it yet. The kids - Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon - are all at school, and can only film in the holidays. Which in the UK will be in 4 weeks time (a 1-week break) followed by another long 6 weeks before the 5/6-week summer break. I'd expect them to start principal shooting in the June break, with the bulk of it done over the summer.

They're going to have Harry Potter-esque problems with those kis aging though. Sansa is already 16 IRL, imagine how old she'll look after 7 seasons still playing a 13yo character -_-

EDIT: I should say that I've been reading the books since Christmas, and am only just now getting onto Book 5. Having a 2 year old really cuts down on your free time...

Edited by Azzy Mahmood, 14 May 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#160 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

They're going to have Harry Potter-esque problems with those kis aging though. Sansa is already 16 IRL, imagine how old she'll look after 7 seasons still playing a 13yo character -_-

Damn I never read the books and I thought the kids would grow up. That's a major spoiler finding out they will stay the same age haha

I'm sure you thought I knew that already. So it's all good!

#161 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

Damn I never read the books and I thought the kids would grow up. That's a major spoiler finding out they will stay the same age haha

The kids may well grow up - there's still two books to be written, and I'm only starting to read book five now, so I'm actually not that far ahead of the tv series :)

Edited by Azzy Mahmood, 15 May 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#162 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Great episode. As usual.
Posted Image

#163 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Spoiler

#164 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Spoiler

yes thats what i belive as well
Posted Image

#165 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Things are really picking up towards the end of the season.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#166 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, I don't think it was Bran and Rickon. Theon looked sorta regretful.
Posted Image

#167 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,753 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

"Brom, if Sir Merrin speaks again, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference"

#168 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,944 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

The kids may well grow up - there's still two books to be written, and I'm only starting to read book five now, so I'm actually not that far ahead of the tv series :)

also, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as the books, the kids can grow up in the tv show, there's no problem with that.

#169 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

also, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as the books, the kids can grow up in the tv show, there's no problem with that.

True, there are several characters that have been deliberately aged for the series. It wouldn't surprise me if the writers attempt to correct some of the author's mistakes / jazz up the more tedious parts of the later series. So far the 17 episodes have been one long rollercoaster - the books took an age to read and, while being no less good, would have had far more impact in terms of sales had they been pithier.

#170 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

True, there are several characters that have been deliberately aged for the series. It wouldn't surprise me if the writers attempt to correct some of the author's mistakes / jazz up the more tedious parts of the later series. So far the 17 episodes have been one long rollercoaster - the books took an age to read and, while being no less good, would have had far more impact in terms of sales had they been pithier.

That's a tough sell to say that the books would be MORE succesful if you changed them. I know I wouldn't like them as much if you pulled things out of the story. Nor do I find the later part of the series tedious... in fact DwD was a hell of a tension building book. I kinda wish they had sorted out the big battles instead of cliffhanging, but otherwise I think its great. Especially when I read it a second time. At first I dismissed a lot of the Mereen stuff because I was more interested in Westeros and wanted to hear about that. But without those hangups the second time round I enjoyed it for what it was, and actually anjoyed it a lot.

#171 Dream Theater

Dream Theater

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

Episode 9 was literally the best hour of T.V. I have ever watched. The acting was superb and the special effects were brilliantly done. I have honestly never been so emotionally attached to a T.V. program as I was watching this episode. It was almost like watching a playoff game.

I was worried about this episode because there was so much that could have gone wrong in the interpretation of the Battle of the Blackwater. But right away I saw that George RR Martin wrote the episode so I knew he would do it justice. I had previously thought that he was writing episode 7, but I couldn't be more happy that he wrote episode 9.

I'm thinking about watching the episode for the 4th time right now, but I think its a good idea to take a break :P.

DRUUUMMSSS!!!!

Edited by Dream Theater, 28 May 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#172 No_More_Larchide

No_More_Larchide

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Episode 9 was literally the best hour of T.V. I have ever watched. The acting was superb and the special effects were brilliantly done. I have honestly never been so emotionally attached to a T.V. program as I was watching this episode. It was almost like watching a playoff game.

I was worried about this episode because there was so much that could have gone wrong in the interpretation of the Battle of the Blackwater. But right away I saw that George RR Martin wrote the episode so I knew he would do it justice. I had previously thought that he was writing episode 7, but I couldn't be more happy that he wrote episode 9.

I'm thinking about watching the episode for the 4th time right now, but I think its a good idea to take a break :P.

DRUUUMMSSS!!!!

Nerd alert.

Good episode though, I agree. I have recently begun reading the books, about 1/4 done GoT and its hard to put down.
Larchide is spelled wrong on purpose....

#173 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,944 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

all I know is that i'd be extremely disappointed if tyrion is dead, though I doubt he is.

#174 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

all I know is that i'd be extremely disappointed if tyrion is dead, though I doubt he is.

It looked like he just went unconscious.
Posted Image

#175 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,944 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

It looked like he just went unconscious.

with a giant bleeding gash accross his face, but yeah, i think he just passed out.

#176 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

remember back in episode 1 or 2 of season 2 when Arya said "anyone can die"

total forshadowing right there. :(
Posted Image

#177 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,944 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

remember back in episode 1 or 2 of season 2 when Arya said "anyone can die"

total forshadowing right there. :(

remember the last episode of season 1 where the main character of the series died? no one is safe... but I don't think Tyrion died, I mean he was still alive enough to see his assailant die in front of him.

#178 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

I've read the books, I know whats gonna happen.. just keeping it interesting for those who havent :)
Posted Image

#179 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,944 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

I've read the books, I know whats gonna happen.. just keeping it interesting for those who havent :)

i'm specifically holding off from reading the books in order to be surprised :D i'll probably go back and read the books they already covered at the end of each season (so that would be books 1 and 2 next week). the problem is that i'll probably want to keep reading them and end up spoiling stuff for me so i may have to wait until the series is over.

#180 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

I could not believe how fast the last episode went by. When the ending came I asked myself why so short of an episode until I saw the time.

The CGI was well done considering they have a limited budget, guess they spent most of it on this episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.