The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Watched first season and bought books so I could get more into them (books always have more info than shows/movies due to time). Just havent gotten to them yet because I got another book im reading instead right now.... frick!

• 1 month later...

It has been rumoured that HBO considering giving the go-ahead for seasons three and four of the series.

We are now hearing from multiple sources that HBO plans to order both seasons three and four and film them back-to-back (à la Lord of the Rings). It has already been confirmed that A Storm of Swords would be covered in more than one season. From what we have heard, much of the film crew in Northern Ireland has been told of this plan and has been advised to expect nine months of filming next year.

Winter Is Coming: I have no doubt that this is an option that HBO is exploring, perhaps even leaning towards, but I don’t think it is a done deal just yet. HBO likely won’t announce anything official until season two begins, so they could change their minds before then.

It does make sense though, to do it this way, as they’ve already said they will be splitting book three into multiple seasons. This way they get the whole of the book filmed in one go, saving on production costs and keeping the kids from aging in between seasons.

http://winteriscoming.net/2011/11/rumor-hbo-to-order-two-more-seasons-film-them-back-to-back/

:shock:

I didn't know that - thank you!

It was a good read; hopefully the wait for the next book isn't as long as the last one.

It kind of takes the sting off a bit, especially since the character that the POV character was hanging around with in that chapter is by far my favorite character... odd choice I know.

by the way the link below is a great thread if you have read all the books.... its basically all the things that happen in the book that are easy to miss. A unspoiler-y and minor example is that Renly is never explicitly gay in the book, there are only hints at it. There are some VERY subtle things you may have missed.

thread link

Those forums are really great for any ASOIAF geeks

Edited by butters

there's a spoiler chapter online for book 6 (GRRM released it for christmas) that is REALLY cool.

ya, i read the spoiler chapter about a week before i finished book 5 so it kind of ruined a bit of the end for me (you know what i mean)

he's your fav character? really? he's an &*( for doing what he did to the Starks.

Edited by AbbyNucksFan

ya, i read the spoiler chapter about a week before i finished book 5 so it kind of ruined a bit of the end for me (you know what i mean)

he's your fav character? really?

should probably edit those comments out for spoilers... I know its very minor tho.

But anyways I didn't mean him, I meant the other guy in the chapter who was not the POV character. But I like him too.

Edited by butters

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very stoked for season 2, I rather enjoyed this show. Decided to avoid the books so as to avoid spoilers.

I wish there was about half the drama in it though, they have a pretty intriguing story as it is, I would prefer they focus on that, rather than making it medieval-themed 90210, the fight/violence scenes are quite good, but there could be more of them. I guess the sex scenes are alright, I like naked women, but I didn't watch it to have a wank, so they don't need to be so often.